Five Years and 100lbs to Authentic Living

Options

Replies

• AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Congrats on the hard work to lose the weight and the bravery to be who you truly are!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've been through transformations in so many different ways - how exciting to still be so young and have your true self actualized. I think a lot of people (myself included) aren't challenged enough to really get to know who we are, so in that way maybe you've had an advantage all along? Anyway - enjoy your new self, you are a very good looking dude so you should have lots of opportunities for...enjoyment ;)
  • hotcoffee692
    hotcoffee692 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Brandon - you're a courageous guy!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! What a change from your start pic! You can see it in your eyes in your profile picture - you look so much more comfortable!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Brandon, you look great and you achieved a lot. Great job! :mrgreen:
  • asantacruz24
    asantacruz24 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Being true to yourself is one of the bravest things you can do in your lifetime! Remember progress not perfection, we all stumble and fall but as long as you never give up you'll achieve your goals! Good luck to you :D
  • kirstieannlittle
    kirstieannlittle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being your true self. And what an amazing transformation. Incredible. Keep it up!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an amazing story!!
  • brewinggirl_butskinnier
    Options
    Congratulations and I wish you the best as you continue your journey!! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You are so brave for sharing your story (which is sad to say that you HAD to be brave to share, you should just be able to share :) )! You've made such a beautiful transition and you are going to be so much happier in your skin when you are complete the way you feel is right! Congratulations!!!
  • mamadukes23
    mamadukes23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    savethecat wrote: »
    q35pu9uo0cu8.jpg

Not sure how this is going to be received in the general forum, but I wanted to share my story in case anyone is struggling with a similar battle.

It's not easy to share something so personal, but I credit so much of the progress I have made to the MFP community and the support always so generously offered, so this is my way of saying, I couldn't have done it without you.

In 2009, I weighed over 250lbs. I was completely miserable. Fully aware I was a transgender man (born female-bodied, but 100% male-brained) I kept it hidden in any way possible, sharing what I thought at the time to be a horrible secret with virtually no one.

In 2010 I slowly began losing weight in hopes to better myself. I knew overeating had become my way to cope. I was very large and it was disheartening to not even be in a position to attempt looking like the person I knew I was. I quite literally hid myself behind a female aesthetic, hoping no one would ever figure out I was male.

I joined MFP in 2011 and eventually realized losing weight was my first step towards medical transition. If I was going to do it, I had to lose almost 100lbs. I was strict with myself. Working out and monitoring my eating like a madman for a solid year until I was down to 165lbs in 2012.

On New Years Day of 2013 I made a decision. At my lowest weight, but my highest anxiety of my adult life I was ready to come out. Not knowing if I would lose my friends and family, I still knew it was now or never- it was time. I removed the mask.

From that moment on it has been one hell of a ride. It's not always easy, but I haven't lost any friends or family members. Apparently, everyone sort of already knew regardless of my attempt to disguise myself. I am recognized as male by everyone in my life including strangers, which is extremely validating.

I am finally myself. I am living authentically. I am happy.

However, with some medical parts of transition came the already anticipated weight gain. I weighed-in around 180lbs at the end of 2014. The good news is, I'm back and ready to get in better shape. This time with a focus on building-muscle.

If you're struggling and know weight loss is your first step to gender transition or any form of life transformation, like it was with me, you can do it. I'm glad you've found MFP. It changed my life and I hope you find it as useful as I have.

If I can turn my entire life around, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart, then you can.

The journey is not always easy to become yourself, but it's worth every second. Keep fighting.

With appreciation and support,
    Brandon

Congratulations Brandon!! I dont usually comment on post but i had to after reading this one, Very brave of you to post here, I am very proud even though I may not know you personally but I know it is a very sensitive subject to talk about ! Good for you!
  • ErinKEbert
    ErinKEbert Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How wonderful! SO excited for your future. Congratulations and keep doing the hard stuff--it's worth it!
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story, thank you for sharing!
  • DianaJaneD
    DianaJaneD Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bravo all around! Such a heartwarming story that you shared.
  • Lnature71
    Lnature71 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story. Most of us find it hard to muster the chutzpah to lose weight and get in shape. Your story is truly inspiring.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am not an 'emo' person at all - but this cracked that a bit. Congratulations with your loss and being able to take that final plunge and tell your friends and family as well as going ahead with what must be a very daunting, in many ways, transition. Good luck with your continued progress and being able to live your life as the gender that you identify with.
  • Rayedar
    Rayedar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new life! Fantastic to see someone become who they know they really are :)
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and your bravery is to be applauded. Its good to see good people doing what's in their heart and becoming the awesome people they are.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Best before and afters ever! Congrats on the weightloss, I'm sure you'll nail the building muscle bit too :) go hit those weights!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!