Activity trackers

Options
lynzmc48
lynzmc48 Posts: 11
edited January 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi was wondering could anyone give thoughts on the fitness bands !! I am looking to invest in one but needs to be a water proof version anyone have any idea what's best brand type !

Replies

• DeeTee68
    DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Do you mean activity trackers or Resistance bands ? I take it you mean Activity trackers.
  • lynzmc48
    Options
    Oops sorry meant activity tracker
  • DeeTee68
    Options
    Runtastic Orbit, TomTom Multi sport, Lifetrax Moce c300, FitBit Charge, But best of all I would say is the Garmin Vivofit cheap as chips as well
  • lynzmc48
    Options
    Thanks for the advice I will have a look into those ones to see if one or any is suitable for what I want it for
  • DeeTee68
    Options
    Actually just seen the title of your thread and it says activity tracker so my apologies, my mistake.
  • DeeTee68
    Options
    Whatever you get make sure its waterproof and not just water resistant as that would be no good for swimming. :)
  • xXBabyBelleXx
    xXBabyBelleXx Posts: 110 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Charge - already its making me walk miles more than I did before and it talks to My Fitness Pal, so you can keep track of your calories easily.
  • RobfromRI
    RobfromRI Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like the VivoFit, it links with my IPHONE, vibrates when I get a text and if I am sitting too long it will vibrate and read MOVE!
  • lynzmc48
    Options
    Definitely needs to be fully water proof not resistant due to work at the min am guessing the amount of cals used each time but would love to be able to be fully accurate to help shift this excess weight
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    There are a LOT of different ones out there. The latest addition is heart rate monitoring. There are several that have just came out in recent weeks that do that. Here is a great link to read reviews and learn about the differences. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=wearable+technology

The Fitbit Surge was just released to the public a couple of days ago. After reading quite a bit about all of the different ones that are available, that is my choice. Anyone who has a Surge, please add me as I would like to follow your thoughts on it.
  • xXBabyBelleXx
    xXBabyBelleXx Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, the Fitbit Charge isnt waterproof but the Fitbit Flex is :-) I hope that helps.
  • TingoAcias
    Options
    The Fitbit Charge is ok, I question it's step counting some days, but the less it actually counts the more I'm moving to hit my goals, yknow? However, none of the new ones are waterproof, I believe the Flex is though.
  • lynzmc48
    Options
    Thanks for all the advise I have read loads of reviews but you never really get a good idea unless you speak to people who have used them. I will look into the new ones to see if they are any good for me
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Vivosmart, which syncs with my Phone and MFP, I also have a Garmin Forerunner XT310 which I use for Running/Biking/swimming.

The Vivosmart charge last for a week, it is also water proof, so I leave it on for the full week. Syncs automatically with my phone via garmin connect APP (free)

Probably any wrist tracker is decent, but remember tracking your steps via wrist is slightly different.

One thing I like is I can control my Iphone music with the Vivosmart, so while Running I can use it to "jump" songs from my wrist, instead of pulling out my phone.

If you plan on using it for Running/Bicycling/Swimming the Garmin Forerunner XT310 is a good choice, as I use that for my "serious" activities, and I use the Vivosmart as my daily accountability/Steps and monitor what I am doing since I ahve a office job.

It vibrates to let me know I have not moved enough....

I like them both, the vivosmart is a good choice, I imagin the Vivofit is a good choice if you want to go cheaper. It will track Elliptical steps/treadmill, etc.

• andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    another vote for the Vivofit but I would wait for the Vivofit 2, which appears very near ready to begin shipping. I have tried the Fitbit Charge & the Vivofit platforms & I like the fact that the latter never has to be charged. The very last thing I need is another electronic device to keep charged. The Vivofit 2 has some add'l upgrades that seem worthwhile, including a backlit display. It also automatically syncs, which is an improvement over the original, imo.