Help with food

Options
I'm tired of eating chicken and salad what else can I make

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Anything you want, just in portions that fit your calorie goal.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    What do you like to eat?
  • AndreaEIE
    AndreaEIE Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Turkey is a good option. One thing I love to do is stock up on my frozen vegetables. Then, some nights instead of a salad, I do a quick saute of the veggies with a tiny bit of soy sauce and lots of seasoning. Also, if there is room in your budget (there is none in mine), you could try out some healthy seafood options for your protein. Good luck!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Anything you want, just in portions that fit your calorie goal.

This. There's no limit.
  • 49Elle
    49Elle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You have to invest in this journey and that also means making the time to prepare and cook calorie counted meals. There are heaps you can do with chicken if that is your preference and many sauces to make to change the flavour.

We didn't put the weight on with just Chicken & Salad, we love interesting and tasty food hence the weight... with just plain chicken & salad you will bore yourself out of achieving what you want.

Happy to help with recipe ideas if you want :) - one condition tho, must have open food diary
  • nikifoley52
    Options
    I had been eating healthy food, but it was always the same. No weight was coming off only adding more to me. Then I realized I WAS OVER EATING, even the healthy stuff too much is bad. My husband and I decided that we would do the mfp and just see how bad it really was. So we decided together to pick out a weight loss plan and do it. He is a diabetic and I am not so we couldn't do the same diet it wasn't working. We choose nutrisystem to help us. Have been on it for 5 days now. After 2.5 days I had lost 1.5 lbs on the fast 5 plan. Now we can not exercise like most people we are both disabled and have several problems that prevent us from doing a vigorous exercise routine. So we walk down our driveway and back. That is our extensive workout, if it is not raining. I have found out that we are NOT hungry if we follow the plan. So far we are satisfied with the food. Suprisingly the food actually tases like food not cardboard. Since it is already premeasured no over doing it. All we do is add in some fresh fruits and vegetables. Measuring them is easy and with the mfp Barcode reader so so easy. I hope this will help both of us and if someone has the same issues as us with varying foods and over doing the foods they may want to look into the program.
  • hilaryna
    hilaryna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of eating chicken and salad what else can I make
    I recently found some recipes on mindbodygreen.com that were healthy and FILLING. You do have to watch the calories on some of them, but others aren't so bad and include a ton of veggies and spices.
  • txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want as long as you stay at a calorie deficit. My diary is open, you should see it. I eat out regularly, and I eat things like tacos, spaghetti, pizza, etc. The key is to eat a smaller portion, pay attention when your body tells you you're full, and don't overdo it. Also, what are you eating on the salad? I found that I was eating too much dressing, and too many things like croutons, etc that were really upping my calories. Salad is not healthy if you douse it with dressing. I also drink a bottle of water whenever I feel hungry and wait 15 minutes before eating. That tells me if I'm really hungry or just think I am (mistaking thirst for hunger, boredom, etc). Good luck to you
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Chicken and salad is not healthy if that's all you eat. Eat other things too. Google recipe+food or something.