Getting Bored!!!!!

Options
Hey everyone.
So I am having a problem....I am kinda starting to get bored with the food choices I have been making and I am afraid that I am going to start cheating again!!!!

If anyone has any good food choices PLEASE HELP!!!! :)

Kmchandl

Replies

• ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    pick up a recipe book. it what i did.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have also hit that point!! americaeatbetter.com i believe is the site has good for you recipes. I say just start googling for new recipes. Also have you tried rice works brand?? Those are good healthier chip like. I tried the sea salt and black pepper the other day! they where yummy!! my new mix is taking black bean or refried beans getting a mexican style diced tomato(normally walmart brand) and then making my own tostados. Those have turned out really good. I also cut up red green pepper, onion add no salt diced tomato either chicken or steak and put it in a pita. thats really good too!.

Correction its eatbetteramerica.com
  • kctbo
    kctbo Posts: 29
    Options
    With summer coming up, I am starting to grill more outside. I am grilling chicken to put on my salads...grilling pork chops....grilling fish. I was getting bored also. It is hard to eat (JUST) certain foods when there is soooooo much out there, especially the ones that are fast and easy. Stick with it. Think HEALTHY, that is what is keeping me going! GOOD LUCK!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Take an adult ed cooking class. It's fun and you'll meet great people. Watch the Cooking Ch (not food network) it's more youthful and fun. And look at the clearance rack at Amazon.com or your local bookstore...that way you can pick up some cookbooks at a lower price. Oh, and buy Everyday Food the next time you are at the grocery store--love it!!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    start browsing through the recipes section on here, there are tons of different stuff.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Check out some of the posts people have posted in the recipes section, I've gotten some really good ideas from there! Hungry Girl and skinnytaste.com are also great websites for low cal options. Maybe try buying one new fruit and one new vegetable a week to see how you like them.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Add some friends and prowl their food diaries. I've gotten some great ideas, AND discovered Laughing Cow Cheese that way. Man! that stuff is good!! Good luck! Feel free to add me, but I'm afraid I get pretty unimaginitive
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    pick up a recipe book. it what i did.

In my house we're kind of addicted to cookbooks. We have an entire shelf dedicated to them and after collecting them since 1998 I think we have enough! :) We do subscribe to Everyday Food to always get new ideas, though.
  • LisaRid
    LisaRid Posts: 3
    Options
    Check out the recipes in the book Cook This, Not That. They're all super low calorie and delicious. Also, try little changes like marinating chicken or adding herbs and veggies to things like pasta or eggs. :)
  • yevans
    yevans Posts: 3
    Options
    Here's a great resource:
    http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/
  • Superdupermom
    Superdupermom Posts: 149
    Options
    have you tried adding fruit to salad? wraps with deli meat, hummus and veggies? flat bread pizza's? alfredo chicken pizza flats? tomato, cheese, pesto, spinach flats? delicious! check out the recipe section on here maybe that will help! i like trail mixes,cereal is good, fish is good and sometimes at the store theyhave little recipe cards there that are free :) good luck dont giveup!
  • funkythreads2004
    funkythreads2004 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I find it quite easy to still have treats and be in my calorie allowance, so dont feel the need to cheat YET! ;-)
  • troythegeek
    troythegeek Posts: 47
    Options
    Sometimes just fixing the same thing slightly different helps me keep the tastebuds hopping. I like making sandwiches because the lunch meat I use is pretty low in calories and I can add lettuce, tomatos, cucumber or whatever. After a while this was getting pretty boring to eat and one day I decided to stick it in the panini press and "blammo" it was a whole new sandwich. Same exact ingredients, but just that little changed made it so much better. It's easy to get tired of chicken breast so now I have a bunch of different sauces that are no or low calorie and I try different combinations to get different flavors. I'm like a mad scientist when cooking now. Experiment and have fun!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Go to cleaneatingmag.com it has great clean healthy recipes, you can also order the magazine or just pick it up at target. It's got wonderful ideas and the recipes are made to be quick and easy.
  • Kmchandl
    Kmchandl Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!!! I have been trying to mix it up...but I am happy summers here and I can try grilling more yummy things.

I definitely need to check out cook books and such.

Thanks again!
    Kmchandl :)
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and raspberries. I love this for a snack! It low in calories, has good fat plus keeps me full.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Food can be a little boring if you always eat the same things. I have a few things I never seem to get fed up with, like halloumi wraps. They do have around 480 cals (half of which is the wrap bread!), but they are so good - grilled halloumi, rocket salad and chilli jam. Very high in protein and fills you up and also tastes amazing. I also eat a lot of yoghurt, various salads, I don't know, your imagination is the limit!