Can I still lose weight if I eat late?

Options
Sometimes I do not want to eat until 10 o'clock in the evening and sometimes the latest is 11. Just wondering can this affect my weight loss?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    No it will not impact on weight loss, but if you weigh daily depending on what (and how much) is eaten and how much sodium is in it, there may be a temporary fluid gain that shows on the scales the next morning.
  • missbutterfly92
    missbutterfly92 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I do weigh myself every Sunday and tonight I am eating at 10 but hopefully it won't make a massive impact.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I eat all day and late into the night, and log all my calories. 30 lbs down, 5 to go!
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Just remember, if the last meal the night before is a big one or full of sodium that there may be a scale gain but it doesn't mean a fat gain.

Good luck with your weigh in, and keep in mind the scales are not the only indicator of your success.

• missbutterfly92
    missbutterfly92 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    It could impact how much energy you have available during a workout, so in that way it could impact weight loss, but if you're just cutting calories, it doesn't matter.
  • DeeTee68
    DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    It will have no impact at all as long as there is still a calorie deficit at the end of the day