fitbit + mfp has me a bit confused.

Options
hey :) so today i picked up my fitbit flex!

i've linked MFP to fitbit, and i've been reading up in the fitbit group, but now i'm a little confused.

am i right that i just carrying on logging all my food and exercise in MFP?

do i do the double tap thing to record a time when i do my cardio in addition to logging it on MFP?

thank you in advance for any advice, hints and tips!
also feel free to add me :)https://www.fitbit.com/user/357JPL xo

Replies

• c_flygirl
    c_flygirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also have both - but Im still learning as I go along. I enter all my food in MFP and my exercise. When I open the fitbit app it has my calories eaten etc so they are syncing. Im not sure what the double tap thing is though! I'll try and add you on fitbit as well...
  • c_flygirl
    c_flygirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Nope can't work out how to do it!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Depends on the cardio. If it's walking or running then there is no need to log it. Fitbit is pretty accurate when it comes to tracking those 2 activities. Anything else you should log, but make sure you enter the correct start time and duration. If putting your Flex into Sleep/Activity mode helps you with remembering the start time/duration, then do it. Other than that there really isn't a need to.
    c_flygirl wrote: »
    I also have both - but Im still learning as I go along. I enter all my food in MFP and my exercise. When I open the fitbit app it has my calories eaten etc so they are syncing. Im not sure what the double tap thing is though! I'll try and add you on fitbit as well...
    If you double tap a Fitbit Flex it goes into Sleep/Activity mode. If there is a lot of movement it creates an Activity record. If there isn't then it creates a Sleep record.
  • MuirinArcher
    MuirinArcher Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was literally just typing this exact post. Ahhh I don't understand it at all. Lol
  • qcollins1
    Options
    If you're linked to fitbit, any entries you make there will be brought into MFP next time you open it. So I input my weight into fitbit and it is pulled into MFP. All food should be entered into MFP (the BEST calorie and nutrient database!) Fitbit counts your steps and level of exertion. If you enter Exercise on the synced MFP, it asks you for the time you started and length of time, then uses your body weight to calculate the calories you burned. MFP will add these calories back to your baseline daily calories and fitbit will subtract the minutes from your Active minutes but leave your Steps. This way there is no double counting: fitbit has your Steps and MFP has your exercise. btw, I believe the double tap on fitbit is to start a Sleep cycle.
  • jazzxdaisy
    jazzxdaisy Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ah thank you everyone :) that's cleared it up quite a bit xo