How accurate is MFP calorie expenditures?

Options
I am 21 weigh 125, I work at a busy coffee,Im on my feet the whole time I'm there I have school 4 days a week and workout 6 days a week. SO I wonder what my activity level is.I haven't lost weight at eating 1200 calories. I eat back my cardio calories,I'm pretty dead on with what I eat to,like I measure everything and don't eat anything processed. Could I really just be eating too much still?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How tall are you, how much of your exercise calories do you eat back, and how do you measure your food?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No clue. I'm sure it's as close as they can get for the average person, but I am not the average person and it's off for me...either the calorie in or out part (or both) on MFP is off, for me, personally.
  • maryjane28
    maryjane28 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I eat back my cardio calories an weigh my food with a scale/ use measuring cups...I am 55 and weigh 125
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    If you are already within a healthy weight range, it will take you a lot longer to lose any weight, If it's even possible. You didn't mention your height. Anyway, the calorie counts for calories expended during exercise are usually high. Most people eat back half to 2/3.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    As far as I can tell, they are as accurate as any, but one should not expect them to be exact.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    with only 5 pounds to loose setting your level as low to 1200 calories is far to aggressive. My guess is that you mean you are 5.5 tall
    So with 125 pounds you are in a healthy weight range. and have a very busy/active life style.

In my humble opinion is that you dont loose ( yet) is that you dont have much to loose so it will go slow.

Also opening your diary will help people to give you advice. Maybe you are not weighing properly and eat more calories than you think.