New mom seeks support

Options
I am a new mother who lost weight then got pregnant and got a little crazy. I gained fifty during pregnancy and would love to befriend people especially breastfeeding moms. I can't eat as low cal as I did before I don't want to diminish my milk supply but I do need to energize my motivation since it is different being a mother and trying to find time to exercise with a six week old and very minimal support.

Replies

• shellssz
    shellssz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! I'm a nursing mother also!!! I gained 62lbs while pregnant and have lost it all. My son just turned 10 months. Now I'm looking to lose about 15-20 more.
  • missmariascott
    Options
    Hey, im a new mum of a 10 month old daughter. I've really struggled getting back into fitness due to my lack of energy and motivation. To be honest I thought I would have lost the bay weight by now but I still have about 5 kgs to go. My body seems to be holding onto these last kilos. I'm starting to wean off the breast feeding and she takes a bottle of formula now for most feeds so I'm hoping that I can now start to be a bit more aggressive with my diet as I was also conscious of not doing anything to impact my milk supply. Although I think once it's been established after a few months then you should be ok.

I'm keen to reach out to people to help motivate me to loose the last of the weight especially when tired and dealing with a teething child!
  • amers410
    amers410 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all. New mother here...my son is almost 3 months old. I am looking to loose just a few pounds, but mainly be healthier and tone up a bit. I am breastfeeding also.
    Feel free to friend me if you'd like...I would love to have more motivation!
  • jetsaves
    jetsaves Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Nursing mom here too. I have a 8week old, 2 and 5 year old. Looking to lose 50ls and tone as well. Add me
  • maureen185
    Options
    With my first child I lost 60 just by breastfeeding and watching what I ate and being my normal active self. With my second I had gotten a herniated disc at 12 weeks pregnant and after having my son was barely able to move due to very little core muscle strength. This completely killed my motivation and activity and probably my metabolism. I wasn't able to lose anything like with my first. My suggestion would be to use your child to your advantage. Look into the different mommy/baby workouts. This will eliminate the need for your child to be preoccupied/watched by someone else while you workout. My kids loved being held up high and then brought back down to eye level and then back up high and back down, this is GREAT for your arms and because your child will be gaining weight you'll be lifting more and more each month. Sit your baby (when old enough) on your belly and hold his/her hands while you try and do a sit up (my daughter loved this). Hold your baby to your chest and do squats, the added weight will help you burn more.
  • ittybittykittyy
    ittybittykittyy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I gained 50lbs in my pregnancy too, mostly because I was forced to "take it easy" aka do nothing, due to early on trips to the ER. I've lost 20lbs that I gained, and looking to lose another 30lbs - if you want, feel free to add me. :) I am always looking for new friends to motivate!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I'll look for mommy and baby workouts too and I am Breast feeding
  • HazelBug1987
    HazelBug1987 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I gain around 50 pounds in pregnancy. I'm in the process of losing the weight now. I'm also fully breastfeeding to. For the first 1 or 3 months after baby I take it easy. I try to make good choices and get in simple activity. This last week I started a more intense exercise routine and started cutting back a little more on calories. I have 13 pounds to lose to reach my goal weight of 128 pounds. I may change my goal if I feel it isn't quite enough. But that's what I'm aiming for for now.

Breastfeeding can really help with weight loss. But it can also stimulate appetite. So just be aware of that as you make your dietary choices. Also, milk doesn't usually dry up that easy. If baby is peeing enough, having occasional poops (every day to once a week) and gaining weight, your milk supply is fine.
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm curious. How many cals a day do you eat ? I am nervous to eat low again because of bf .