College student here!

Options
Hey everyone, I'm currently a sophomore in college. They didn't lie when they told me of a "freshman 15". Before college, I weighed around 125-130 lbs. I currently weigh 145-147 lbs. I know I'm not in terrible shape, but I would like to lose those pounds and get back to my regular weight. I need some encouragement and some people to do this with me!

Replies

• ehillery3
    ehillery3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a college student too, trying to be the best me that I can before I graduate this may! I don't have any friends on this app because I didn't want to link it to my facebook. I wanted to find a new community to support me so I can end up shocking and surprising all my friends !
  • Shiguaa
    Shiguaa Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hey girls! I'm a freshman in college. I'm in the same boat I used to weigh 125 pounds and now I weigh 140 pounds I just wanted to get back to my old weight and I'm determined to do so this year! Good luck on your journey guys :-)
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm not a college student anymore but I'm in medical school and know (and remember) how hard it is to deal with food and exercise while in a school environment. Feel free to add me :)
  • katjones726
    Options
    Hey! I'm noy in college anymore but I have gained 30ish pounds. I stopped drinking soda...and havent had one in a month and a half and I have already lost 5 pounds. I also have cut out a lot of foods that have preservatives in them and that has helped a lot too. Just some tips for you and good luck! Feel free to add me!
  • kasleighx3
    kasleighx3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey! I recently graduated from Virginia Tech. Every year I put on 5-10 pounds. I totally understand the struggle of losing/maintaining your weight in college. I started at 110 and am now up to 140. Always said I would lose it but never committed. Now that I'm away from the meal plan I feel like I can truly commit haha. My goal is lose at least 20 pounds by my best friend's wedding in June and then another 10 after. Props to you on getting on top of it while still at school! Feel free to add me
  • bethanyataylor
    bethanyataylor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love all the responses I've gotten. It's soooo hard in college to stick to a good diet due to meal plans, alcohol, and Starbucks. I've been doing so well over my Christmas break, but I go back to school on the 20th. I need motivation there to eat healthy, and find the time to work out with my hectic schedule. I'm still trying to figure out how to add people as friends on here. My app keeps crashing every time I do so. Maybe you guys could send me a request? Sorry I'm technology challenged.
  • lilspunky
    lilspunky Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a senior in college this year. I believe I was 150 going in to college and in the middle of sophomore year I was 190. I'm currently around 161. At home I was doing so well over break. I went to the gym every morning and calorie counted. Exercise will be my downfall this semester. Looking for other college students to help stay motivated with :)
  • cnc0987654321
    cnc0987654321 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im not in college right now but i am currently a senior in high school and was 155.6 pounds and slowly ive been losing weight weighing at 150.4 pounds now and am hoping to be 115 before going off to college. Feel free to add me to help you out when you feel like giving up or even when youre doing great! :wink:
  • Heussaff89
    Options
    Hey am at my 2nd year in college. And now my weight is 132 lbs. my target is to have under 100 lbs since i only height 5 ft. So gud luck for us! Keep fighting! ;)
  • bethanyataylor
    bethanyataylor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm happy I'm finding people who share similar goals to mine!please add me everyone!
  • Lorkio
    Lorkio Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm at the end of my college career, but I completely understand the struggle. Putting a bunch of time and energy into school makes it feel very tough to make time for other things like exercise and healthy eating- but we can make it work :)
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Graduate student from Virginia Tech here! I didn't lose weight until after I graduated from undergraduate, but I do have to say that it only gets harder after you graduate so kudos to y'all for deciding to take care of your bodies now!
  • ehillery3
    Options
    Yay! I love all the responses I've gotten. It's soooo hard in college to stick to a good diet due to meal plans, alcohol, and Starbucks. I've been doing so well over my Christmas break, but I go back to school on the 20th. I need motivation there to eat healthy, and find the time to work out with my hectic schedule. I'm still trying to figure out how to add people as friends on here. My app keeps crashing every time I do so. Maybe you guys could send me a request? Sorry I'm technology challenged.

• ehillery3
    Options
    I can't add anybody either! I'm having the same issue with it crashing. I'm not sure what to do!