Favorite Protein Powders?

Options
Any faves out there?

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Dyna Whey. Not sure how easy it is to get outside of Canada however, nor is it particularly inexpensive. But it's the best mixing, best tasting one I've ever tried (and I just stir it into a glass of water, no fancy blending or additives).

If you're a fan of coffee, the Iced Cappuccino flavour is to die for.
  • rcottonrph1
    Options
    Teras whey. Organic, grass fed whey. High quality and good!
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ON 100% Whey, Double chocolate.

Tastes like Nesquik milkshakes, and it mixes really well.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% whey French Vanilla
    Isopure Vanilla
    Synthetic 6 Vanilla
    Combat Powder. .. vanilla
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    We used to use Promasil, which I enjoyed, and then we switched to Allmax Allwhey since we could get it at our gym for cheaper (I think $50 for 5 lbs). I like its calorie/carb/protein ratio, works great in my oatmeal, smoothies, and yogurt.
  • Nebrie
    Nebrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I use Biox Whey Isolate. I have vanilla and chocolate in the house. I tried the banana strawberry and that was nasty. My husband likes the peanut butter chocolate but I could take it or leave it.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    When I used to buy powders, Allmax ISOFlex - and they have some pretty tasty flavors like peanut butter chocolate chip, chocolate mint, their fruit flavors like Orange isn't bad either
  • firebloom
    firebloom Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Bare Blends. I'm in Australia and it's an Aussie brand. I've converted a few people to it. My mum has always hated protein powder but she had some of mine in a smoothie and then went and bought some for herself.

http://bareblends.com.au/organic-vanilla-bean-native-whey-protein-isolate
  • samanthannepstein
    samanthannepstein Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses! These will help me out a lot! There are just so many to choose from, its crazy!
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I use Vega Sport and Aloha.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I like Trutein. I also use Vega One, but it's more of a nutrition shake.
  • itzjulz
    itzjulz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Optimum Nutrition. Readily available (on amazon and major supplement stores), doesn't taste like chalk, and mixes well. I use the Natural Whey, Vanilla flavor. Very good blended with almond milk and ice (maybe with fruit, or PB2), but also decent when mixed with water in a blender bottle after workouts.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Truenutrition.com's custom blend-maker turned out surprisingly good, and you can get a mix with damn near any kind of protein, carbs, flavoring, and other options, and it calculates the specific macros of your blend as you make it.
  • lynndot1
    lynndot1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    +1 for Optimum Nutrition (ON) gold standard brand. Right now I have the milk chocolate flavor but I've tried and liked other chocolate flavors and my boyfriend uses vanilla milkshake, which is also delicious. Vanilla milkshake mixed with milk and some ice really does taste like ice cream!
  • skinnermotatay
    skinnermotatay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    northern ireland I prefer Myprotein Diet Impact Whey good selection of flavours, easy to mix, and i slam into my oats in the morning.