weighing??

Options
How often should you weigh yourself??? ;)

Replies

• tamsk1k2k3
    Options
    Personally i think once a week or a month is perfect. You should focus on measurements and how your body feels. If you would like to discuss, please send me a friend request and we can go from there! I have lost 50 lbs so far.
  • Angie1212mfp
    Options
    I have friends who insist on weighing themselves daily, but our body's change so much and our weight flucuatess a lot with in 24 hours; factors can include: hormones (especially with women), diet ( having a lot of sodium can make you retain water. I tried doing the daily weigh ons; I hated it, it was discouraging to see a gain , or just a minuscule loss, so I weigh myself once a week: first thing in the morning, after i use the bathroom, and before e I eat breakfast and get dressed for the day. Hope this helps!! Good luck!!

Angie
  • rmcclure79
    rmcclure79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks can I add u as a friend
  • Angie1212mfp
    Options
    of course...
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    whenever you wanna
  • DeansPrincess
    Options
    I have friends who insist on weighing themselves daily, but our body's change so much and our weight flucuatess a lot with in 24 hours; factors can include: hormones (especially with women), diet ( having a lot of sodium can make you retain water. I tried doing the daily weigh ons; I hated it, it was discouraging to see a gain , or just a minuscule loss, so I weigh myself once a week: first thing in the morning, after i use the bathroom, and before e I eat breakfast and get dressed for the day. Hope this helps!! Good luck!!

Angie

• DeansPrincess
    Options
    I agree completely with Angie. I have tried it every way you can imagine and waiting everyday just becomes discouraging but only weighing once a month can give you an opportunity to get off track. Once a week is just enough to stay on track and still be encouraged by your progress. This has been my experience.
  • Juliegray1963
    Juliegray1963 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I agree with once a week. I get discouraged like everyone else. I live n va and am looking for friends. I am new to this site. I am almost 52 and live with my husband and dogs.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. I only track my weight on a monthly basis because all that really matters is the overall trend.

I think it's a personal choice. If you think you'll get discouraged by the daily fluctuations, then do it once a week, or every two weeks.
  • edo1961
    edo1961 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yeah once a week like the others are saying .
    For me if I weighed myself daily it can get discouraging , especially if my weights not dropping like I feel it should even though I know it is dropping . And when you weigh once a week and you see that your efforts are working it makes ya feel dang good :-)
  • Krueger92
    Krueger92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Usually once a week
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and any fluctuations do not bother me. I'm looking at trends.
  • Milynne
    Milynne Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I only record what I weigh in on Sunday mornings before I eat and dress for the day. I will step on randomly throughout the week, but like others have said, it changes so much I really only go by what it says on Sunday morning!

just today I stepped on the scale in the morning and in the evening and there was almost a 2 pound difference. I just chalked it up to what I was wearing/not wearing and the too much sodium I ingested today :/

Whatever is going to help keep you on track is the right answer for you!!! :)
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I weigh daily and any fluctuations do not bother me. I'm looking at trends.

This is what I look for as well. I use an app called Weight Trend + to log my daily weigh ins. It does what the app name says, it shows me my actual weight, trend weight and has a nice little graph that goes along with it.

It took awhile for me to get to a point where I could do this though. I knew that I gained weight before starting my period, but I didn't know what else would cause water retention. It made for some pretty tearful weigh ins when I was doing Weight Watchers. Once I got on here and did some reading and got a better understanding of my body I have been able to handle them a lot better.