stop cravings??

Options
OK I went over my daily calories today. Over 400 calories. I feel sick that I did. What are some tips that you all use to suppress your cravings?? I'm chewing gum right now So I don't go picking at more food.

Replies

• heather_riffenburg1
    heather_riffenburg1 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I try drinking water fast because it makes me full.
  • jordanify
    jordanify Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You're going to have days that are over/under, don't feel bad. As long as most of the food you ate is nutritious, i wouldn't stress on it. For me though if i have one cookie, it awakens cravings for munchies, so most times I go without.
  • AZTallguy
    AZTallguy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Gum is good. Popcorn or veggies. Lemonade works wonders. And my ultimate knock out punch is to not have any bad things in the house so I can't be tempted if I do get cravings.
  • kymmerz11
    kymmerz11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @hriffen‌ that's a good one.
  • kymmerz11
    kymmerz11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @jordanify‌ Yes I had cookies here the other day and I had one and went back for another an hour later but at 2 instead smh
    @Tall1IAm‌ you're right. Next grocery day I will not buy the bad stuff. But sometimes don't u have that little craving other than veggies? What do u do? What kind of popcorn?
  • Krueger92
    Krueger92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I use gum, usually does the trick.
  • keeponlaughing
    keeponlaughing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Popcorn works well with " spray" butter. I also drink a lot of flavored fruit tea with a touch of splenda for sweetness. Frozen blueberries are another snack I like as they take longer to eat:)
  • AZTallguy
    AZTallguy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yeah Kymmerz I get cravings all of the time. I've got to be a hard *kitten* on myself this time just because. So it's all or nothing. I've been at this for a few months now and I just feel better each time I make that good decision, it keeps me motivated to keep at it. I love the Smart Balance light butter popcorn myself. And another thought is sliced apples with peanut butter or strawberries with light whip cream. It takes being creative but there are so many choices once you start finding new ones.
  • hansmdude
    hansmdude Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Before you eat try and determine if you are really hungry or just bored. Emotional eating could be another factor... or you could also try and it more, but smaller meals to keep yourself satisfied during the day. Easier said than done, I know.
  • 17BigDaddy
    17BigDaddy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add more exercise will be two-fold. 1) you will burn more calories; 2) you will be able to increase your calorie intake to stop the cravings. You could try eating smaller meals every 3 hours.