Not eating enough.

Options
Apparently I'm not eating enough. All I eat is fruits and vegetables and protein shakes for breakfast. I don't wanna eat too much but I don't know. Any ideas? For lunch, I eat a baby spinach salad with low fat mozzarella cheese and light dressing. Thanks :)

Replies

• Krueger92
    Krueger92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Chicken, tuna, turkey. Also need to get fats in for health and hormone reasons as well.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Add some eggs or oatmeal to breakfast, maybe some Greek yogurt? Add some meat or beans to lunch. What's dinner like?
  • Courtneyl423
    Options
    Hmmm. I'm scared of fat. /: But I think I can figure a few things out with chicken.
  • Krueger92
    Options
    Your body and brain need fat, of course good fats. Gotta get some in. Don't be scared. At the end of the day it comes down to calories in vs calories out.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Fats are not the enemy. They are important for hormone balance. Salmon's good.
  • Courtneyl423
    Options
    Dinner is usually very light. It could be another Salad or another protein shake. Or maybe just a protein bar and some fruit. I hate going to sleep knowing I ate anything heavier than that. My shakes have Greek yogurt in them. But I do buy yoplait yogurts for snacks.
  • Courtneyl423
    Options
    So this may sound like a dumb question, but how can I get good fats into my body?
  • Krueger92
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself of food, long term its gonna suck.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Then bulk it up. You can't lose without consuming a healthy amount of calories, including fats. Fats aren't what got you to the weight you're at - an overindulgence did. Fats are so good for your body and your brain; you just need to eat the right fats like fish! :) Add chicken or salmon to your salads to add important caloric value to your dinner. Quinoa is fantastic in salads, also.
  • Courtneyl423
    Options
    Yeah that's what I've been told. I feel like I'm gonna screw myself over but I can't stop thinking that less is better. And I don't know how to fix that.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This is a generic list and doesn't account for your personal needs, but anything here can be included in a balanced diet (as long as there are no allergies, medical conditions, obviously):
    avocado
    cheese
    full fat diary
    Greek yogurt
    ice cream
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    less lean cuts of meat
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    butter
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    beef jerky
    cornbread
    tuna
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    sour cream
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    bacon
    whole eggs
    quinoa
    fruit and fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    salmon
    edamame
    honey
    molasses
  • Courtneyl423
    Options
    I wish I liked fish /: but I can do chicken. :)
  • Courtneyl423
    Options
    I smiled when I saw beef jerky :) haha! Thank you.
  • Krueger92
    Options
    It just takes time, you gotta trust the process. If you need any help feel free to add me.
  • krysmuree
    Options
    Oils, avocados, eggs, peanut butter, olives, any nuts, fish, flaxseed, take a cod fish supplement ..
  • krysmuree
    Options
    Yeah that's what I've been told. I feel like I'm gonna screw myself over but I can't stop thinking that less is better. And I don't know how to fix that.

Less is definitely NOT better. Your body requires a certain amount of calories to function and eating too little can cause your metabolism to malfunction and put you in an even deeper hole. Eat healthy, delicious and wholesome foods, exercise and remember food is NOT the enemy - our bad habits/overindulgence is. :) At least, for me, haha.
  • Courtneyl423
    Options
    Thank you guys sooo much!!!! :) And the fish supplement is good? I've thought about that before. Just never thought about taking it.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You can't be afraid of carbs AND fat. You need something to give you energy. Protein is really important to make sure that your muscle mass maintain itself, and healthy fats (meats, fish, eggs, olive oil for salads, coconut oil for cooking, nuts, nut butters, cheese (high fat ones). It keeps you satiated and away from sugar, which is really bad for you. And sugar always gives me cravings that are really hard to overcome.

Hope this helps!

http://authoritynutrition.com/11-biggest-lies-of-mainstream-nutrition/
  • Courtneyl423
    Options
    Oh I never thought about it like that... I guess I gotta make some adjustments.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Ps. I follow a low carb high fat diet that eliminated all my cravings and helps me feel full and satieted. I never feel heavy after my meals. I have lost 10lbs in 1 month and I eat 2 eggs and 3 slices of bacon every morning! I usually eat a salad for lunch, meat and veggies for dinner and for snack either cheese, nuts, turkey, kale chips, protein shake. Good luck! :)