bummed... :/

Options
went over my calorie goal for the day. Although, I really don't feel like I ate that much. Am I being too hard on myself? I hate feeling like this. It doesn't help that I finally made the decision to stop waiting on the guy I'd been dating for two years, but wanted a break because of his job(includes a lot of traveling),I finally decided I deserve a man who when he tells me he loves, goes out of his way to prove it , and/or show me. who when he says he's going to do something actually follows through. I'm just sick and tired of his BS and lame excuses. I'll be okay... Just gotta focus on me for awhile.

Angie

Replies

• Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are being too hard on yourself. One day does not a diet break.

Good luck. I hope you can focus on your happiness!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    its a done deal, move forward
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    This^^

I have gone over for the last two days by out 300 calories in total. What I have learned is that if you are constantly hard on yourself about such things you will give up. Just get back on track tomorrow.
  • gxmiller31
    gxmiller31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's a new day, you start from there with a clean slate and you do your best. That's it. Don't beat yourself up. You can do it.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    If you get wound up over being over on one day you risk getting into the "I don't care anymore" rut and that's the danger. One day is just one day of many so just put it behind you, adjust and move on.

Good luck going forward!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It is what it is. Beating yourself up serves no purpose. It won't uneat whatever you ate and it won't burn the fat any faster, so just stop. Let it go. Get back up on the horse. Onward, Ho!

It might be a good thing. You might learn something from the whole experience! :)
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day! Hang in there. *hugs*
  • atypicalme
    Options
    I went WAY over my calorie goal yesterday. By, like, double. Between a long day at my desk where takeout was the only food I was going to get all day, and the more or less mandatory work function with open bar last night (that bottle of wine screws me every single time, let me tell you), I wasn't really expecting miracles of myself, though maybe I should have.

I think what makes it the most demoralizing is that stupid "tip" at the bottom of your food diary that says, "If every day were like this, you'd weigh 834 pounds in 5 weeks!" I mean, I'm all for pointing out my short comings to help keep me honest, but really, MFP? Do you have to sound so excited about it?

In all seriousness though, it's done and you can't give those calories back. You can only start over the next day and be more mindful about what you're eating. Today, I managed to stay at a pretty respectable deficit, and I used that bolster of confidence to plan my lunch menu for the upcoming week so I don't have a repeat of last night.

So you stumbled a bit - that doesn't mean you shouldn't keep walking, right?
  • Angie1212mfp
    Options
    Been having a lot issues with my sleep schedule, I'm in bed by midnight, unless I am working on my school assignments, and will lie in bed sometimes til 4:30- 5:00AM; and then Im in bed til afternoon. something's gotta give. I'm really worried about money right now. My SSi/disability has been suspended until I go through the re-determination process.I have a phone interview with an SSA re but not until the 28th. a break up, money concerns,not to mention I'm about to take my ex husband back to court (I hope), so I can get visitation with my kids... I haven't seen them in over 18 months. I believe there is parental alienation involved, but I cannot afford to find a therapist who specializes in PA syndrome nevermond an attorney willing to help me fight for my kids. Legal Aid won't help with custody issues.
    Angie
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good for you not accepting a relationship that isn't on equal ground...stay strong! And no, one day over is no big deal. :)
  • dawne000
    dawne000 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You are definitely being too hard on yourself... We all go over from time to time. And good for you not settling!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    It's done, don't worry about it. It can't be undone now.
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Man, I wish I had a dollar for every day I go over my goal. Don't stress it. Really, don't. When I need reassurance that I didn't screw up real badly, I go to my reports and view my net calories for the past week, do a little math, and figure out what my daily average calorie intake has been. If it's within 100 or so over or under my goal (but at the very least 1200), then I know I've been doing great. Even if one dinner at the steakhouse throws off my entire day by as much as 500 calories, it doesn't typically throw off my week. There's no reason to feel bad if you're doing good and don't even know it! And if you feel bad because you are, in fact, doing bad, use those feelings instead to push you forward, not hold you down. Just logging your foods honestly is very brave and a good step to where you want to be.
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good for you for reaching out for support.
    I am pretty new to mfp and it is taking me a while to learn how to eat under my calorie goal without being hungry

Sometimes it is better for me to eat a little extra than risk binging if I feel too deprived

Remember you are setting up life habits
    You will have good days and not do good
    No one follows their food plan perfectly
    But if we are persistent we change our habits over time

Hang in there!!
  • amrodger
    amrodger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    atypicalme wrote: »

I think what makes it the most demoralizing is that stupid "tip" at the bottom of your food diary that says, "If every day were like this, you'd weigh 834 pounds in 5 weeks!" I mean, I'm all for pointing out my short comings to help keep me honest, but really, MFP? Do you have to sound so excited about it?

I normally just lurk, but I have to post... I literally LOLd at this first part, I feel exactly the same way! Thanks MFP for telling me I had an horrible day of epic proportions. I wasn't already beating myself up for that or anything. Thanks

To the OP the second part is right on too, just keep on truckin' :)
  • Pootler74
    Pootler74 Posts: 223 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I think you have an awful lot going on right now. While dieting is an excellent distraction from other things sometimes (I know all about frantically controlling my calories when it feels like I can't control anything else in my life), I think that what might be best for you in the long run is to just be kind to yourself right now.

Give your body clean, healthy nutritious food. Give it less healthy comforting treats too. A little of what you fancy right now is a good thing. Mostly because if you eat kale chips when what you want is ice-cream, you'll eat the kale the chips, and then a few other sort of healthy hings, then a few more things, and then you'll eat the ice-cream. All the ice cream.

Move your body as much as you are able to, especially outdoors. Give it enough rest.

Enjoy how this makes you feel.

If you feel like you screwed up, look at how, been and why it happened, make a note, learn, move on immediately.

Sometimes I think there's a good time and a bad time for dieting. Perhaps this is not your good time. But it's always the right time to feed and look after your body in good ways. Everyone deserves that. Work on those, and at some point, sooner or later, the weight loss part will start, when you're in the right place for it. And it will feel much easier than it does right now.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    amrodger wrote: »
    atypicalme wrote: »

I normally just lurk, but I have to post... I literally LOLd at this first part, I feel exactly the same way! Thanks MFP for telling me I had an horrible day of epic proportions. I wasn't already beating myself up for that or anything. Thanks

To the OP the second part is right on too, just keep on truckin' :)

:smile: Don't hit the complete button, it's not necessary and does nothing but that calculation
  • Angie1212mfp
    Options
    I know tomorrow is a new day, and my only solace is knowing that even though I went over, My food choices were fairly healthy; okay i did not have to eat 2 hotdogs for dinner, but I was trying to be frugal and use up the last of my sloppy joe leftovers from a few days ago... And I had drank/drunk so much water today, I hope I donn't wet the bed... lol ;)

Angie
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on.
  • atypicalme
    Options
    And I had drank/drunk so much water today, I hope I donn't wet the bed... lol ;)

Angie

A high water intake definitely helps to forgive a lot of food ills. Particularly after a binge.