Need help

Options
i need to reinvent Mexican food

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    What do you mean? Do you just want some easy recipes or meal ideas that are Mexican inspired?
    My mom likes to bake chicken breasts in cream of chicken soup mixed with rotel. Tastes like king ranch chicken without the tortillas.
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have eaten lots of healthy Mexican and latin dishes ( PR) DOM, (COL) Cuban. If I had to replicate them I would need to Google it, as over the years I losts touch with those folks. Tasty foods! I'm gonna google it for tonight. ::0
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I also make turkey tacos (lean ground turkey, salsa, taco seasoning, onion and peppers) in crispy shells. Crispy shells have only 50 calories, while flour tortillas are usually 100+. You can make a version of Spanish rice with plain white rice cooked in low sodium v-8 instead of tomato sauce and some of the water; add some corn, peas and carrots.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    here are some of the Mexican dishes I make at home. Just cut back on cheese. Don't feel you have to have a plate with rice and beans. Make tacos and bulk up on salad greens. Use the salsa as dressing and skip the chips.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/search/label/Mexican
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    i need to reinvent Mexican food

I've found some really good lower fat - lower calorie Mexican food on Pinterest. Just search that site for Healthy Mexican and you'll get a lot of ideas.
  • kygirlalways850
    kygirlalways850 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Www.skinnytaste.com and budgetbytes.com have some healthy mexican recipes.