200 calorie meal ideas / fav meals

Options
Does anyone have any fav meals / low calorie meals they can recommend?

x

Replies

• bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    It's a snack or small preworkout lunch for me, but a tuna packet (80cal) with a tbsp of mayo (50 cals) in a half pita (100 cals) with some minced onion and relish.
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My lunch today was just under 200 cals, and consisted of 50g leg ham, 20g of string cheese plus a salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomato, capsicum (red peppers), mint leaves and strawberries.
  • mandyedwards101
    mandyedwards101 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Quorn mince cottage pie - ready meal 185 calories. I am not a vegetarian or a fan of veggie food but this tastes fantastic and you would never guess it wasn't real meat. I have it with green beans and it is really filling.
  • liannexxx
    liannexxx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys this has been really helpful. Any other ideas are always welcome x
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    deep sea scallops if you like them. 8 (1/2 lb) ounces is only 200 calories. Excellent source lean protein
  • liannexxx
    Options
    Could I put a low calorie sauce with that? If so any tips? Thank you x
  • EricaAshley913
    EricaAshley913 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bonniejo wrote: »
    It's a snack or small preworkout lunch for me, but a tuna packet (80cal) with a tbsp of mayo (50 cals) in a half pita (100 cals) with some minced onion and relish.

this sounds good i have to try this
  • liannexxx
    Options
    Thanks everyone x
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    A very light meal/snack 224 calories

Carrots , 76 g 31 cal
    Homemade Bread - Toasted 42 g 120 cal
    Egg, 51 g 73 cal
    Water, 16 oz(s)

My homemade bread is slightly higher calorie compared to store bought. If i eat 2 eggs and more like 64g bread it ends up being just 300 calories. Such a basic meal and can be added to easily if you want more calories with butter, jelly, fruits, etc. Swap out the bread and make it an omelet instead.
  • projecthotbel
    projecthotbel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Lunch yesterday was about 200. It was 1.5 cups broccoli, 1 can chicken, and a laughing cow cheese wedge. I mixed it together and microwaved for a minute.

It was filling.
  • ScrapperCandy
    ScrapperCandy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, I like to have 1/4 cup (about 1 cup after cooking) steel cut oats, 2 tsp unpacked brown sugar and about a Tbsp of dried fruit. Add in a cup of tea, with 1.5 tsp sugar and a splash of milk and everything is right at 200 cals
  • jlhudsons
    jlhudsons Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I made chicken and vegetable kabobs on my little indoor Cuisinart grill yesterday. Just started back here on My Fitness Pal so it was day one. I had broccoli on the side. I was amazed I could only eat 0ne kabob and it was only about 150 calories. With the broccoli, less than 200. This was dinner. It`s tough but I am determined. Good luck!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I love to take the Joseph's Flax Seed Flatbreads (100 kcal for a whole one, which is GIANT, 50 kcal for half) and spread with a serving of hummus, then a few slices of turkey and a HUGE amount of veggies, especially cucumber spears and various greens and lettuce.....Roll it up, and I'm stuffed for the afternoon on barely anything...a whole flatbread sized wrap comes to just over 200kcal. More than enough left over to put some cottage cheese, nuts, or fruit on the side for even more nutrition!
  • liannexxx
    Options
    Thank you =-) I am going to try all these out this week. xx
  • kvwalton30
    kvwalton30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like either a soup which is filling and low calorie and perhaps a couple of slices of lean ham, or if very low calorie a small piece of bread. You can get great tinned soups or make it yourself with veg and stock etc.
    Alternatively Subway do great salads which are really filling and tasty but only around 135 calories without cheese and dressing. I can then add some light mayo - delicious.