Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

night shift

Im looking for other night shifters...and some suggestions to help with my schedule :)

Replies

• cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    I don't work night shift regular but I often cover when people are on holiday. I log the day like any other day if you wake up at 3pm log that as breakfast, then lunch at 8pm etc. Your body doesn't have a clock and it doesnt know if it 3am or 3pm
  • dearone4cal
    dearone4cal Posts: 6 Member
    I work night shift 3-4 days a week at a very stressful job. Finding time to eat properly and keep within my calorie count without the constant snacking that comes with that shift is difficult. I agree with cingle87, I log my meals like he does when working night shift. Even though I wake up at 4 pm, that first meal is still breakfast.
    I've found the calorie counter app here to be helpful and also find it helps a ton to have a plan in place as far as what your meals and snacks are going to be each night before you start your work shifts.
  • Renee0887
    Renee0887 Posts: 214 Member
    Shift worker right here!
  • rickyberkey
    rickyberkey Posts: 34 Member
    I work a 3 day 12 hour weekend night shift so I set up a special meal category so I can easily track what I eat during those hours which is completely different than my weekday schedule.
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    I work a 8 hour schedule and rotate every month. Anyone needing help or support can feel free to hit me up.
  • 4jakmj
    4jakmj Posts: 2 Member
    I have worked nights for almost 5 years. It takes some adjusting and conditioning to get enough sleep and proper eating schedule. I log from midnight to midnight. I eat my "lunch" after midnight with a snack around 9-10, and don't eat again until I wake up in the afternoon. Sometimes I do have to eat a light snack to get me through. Some people I know, say that they can't wait that long and eat breakfast when they get home.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    I work 5 nights a week and track midnight to midnight.
  • LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    I work 6p-6a on four day rotations. I read another night shift thread and a member there changed her meal names to numbers 1-6. I found that to be a really good idea. I have a desk job and a lot of down time at work so the urge to snack is ridiculous lol. MFP has massively helped me see what I'm eating. Three small meals and two to three small snacks and meal planning is a must for me on my work nights. So I fill in while I eat my breakfast around 1630 each day and only bring what I log....and keep my change and dollars at home! It also helps that I am able to keep my sleep schedule the same on my nights off, so I feel generally saner! :)
  • I also work night shift. I work four 12 hour nights then off four. So this makes it very difficult for me. So any suggestions would be nice.
  • Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    I work Graveyard, 12hr shifts, with quite a bit of overtime. I changed my food log entries to be set up on a time system instead of a meal system (my diary is open). So no matter when I eat whatever I eat, work day or otherwise, I put it in the time window it was eaten within. Since MFP goes from midnight to midnight- which is like my noon/noon i make it work for me instead of worrying about if before sleep or after sleep goes on one day or another. It keeps me consistent.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    nino3031 wrote: »
    I also work night shift. I work four 12 hour nights then off four. So this makes it very difficult for me. So any suggestions would be nice.

Can you keep your sleep schedule the same whether you are off work or on?