please Help!!!

Options
Hey all I am really struggling to find healthy foods that keep me full. I am both Gluten and dairy intolerant and have to avoid both in order to stay healthy. But this has led me to be stuck on finding foods that keep me full like they used to. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions need help!!!

Replies

• Carbsmakefat
    Carbsmakefat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What about coconut oil and avocados. Things like that with the MUFA fats. I find fats filling. Can you eat nuts?
  • CharlieB19882
    Options
    I can eat nuts I have almond milk and almond butter but need filling things to stop me picking through the day...
  • tiddles_yeah
    tiddles_yeah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I too cannot eat dairy or gluten, and theres a tonne of things to keep you full! High fiber, green leafy veggies are very filling. I also find pea protein shakes to keep me full for hours! Peanut butter is another one, as well as tofu.
    Basically anything high in fiber and protein will keep you feeling full
  • rachelamber_x
    rachelamber_x Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I find protein is what keeps me full. When I have meals that have more protein in I find I'm fuller for a lot longer and don't end up picking and snacking.

Good luck with finding what works for you.
  • CharlieB19882
    Options
    Thankyou guys :)
  • gsmrn
    gsmrn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bananas. Put a couple of them in the juicer and add water and honey.

Actually, try mixing up a lot of fruits together to make a mixed-fruit juice. Make sure its a little thick and slimy. Drinking it would keep you full.
  • LunaB123
    LunaB123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Porridge and almonds is a great breakfast. The porridge (check the label for gf) is filling and the protein in the almonds keeps you full for longer. I cook with water then add a teaspoon of demerara sugar and 2 tbsp flaked almonds. It's also good with almond butter. If you don't like cooking with water, almond milk is an alternative!
  • CharlieB19882
    Options
    I wasnt sure if I could cook with almond butter if im honest! !
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat what you always have, only in moderation.
  • CharlieB19882
    Options
    I've only just found out aboit my intolerances so my diets changed dramatically.
  • mrod7557
    mrod7557 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I live in Florida and they have a fitlife food store here that cater to people that are gluten and dairy problems, try them
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Try to balance your diet with the stuff you can eat: Nuts, meat, fish, eggs, gluten-free grains and other starches, oils, fruit, vegetables. You have to try out different approaches of food combinations, meal sizes and timing, and if you are eating to lose weight, don't have a too aggressive goal.
  • CharlieB19882
    Options
    I know! I dont want to ovet substitute and end up eating to much!! Fitlite?! Arw they us based? Are they a franchise? ! Available online? !