my goals is Jamaica...in 6 wks! YIKES!

Options
Hello all,

I recently did the sacred heart diet with little results and calorie counting was suggested by a friend of mine that has lost 30 lbs in the last 2 months. So, I decided to try it for an upcoming couples treat to Jamaica in June. I'm at my heaviest....185 and I'm so not satisfied. I refuse to buy more clothes so I gotta do something to fit comfortable in the ones have...and if I buy new ones they will be in a smaller dress size. I want to lose 20lbs total but it would be great to be close to that weight before Jamaica. So far I am loving the myfitnesspal app and website. It is SO handy and the countdown is very helpful and an eye opener! I'm a sucker for sweets!!...so I stocked up on the 100 calorie Keebler snack and Hotess even has a 100 calorie cinnamon cake...yummy! A tip from a friend....sugar free jello...it's only 5 calories! I go to the gym a least once a week but I would like to go 2-3 times a week. Now that I'm on break from Grad School I will try to do just that. Today is day 2...let the weight loss journey begin!

Any other tips out there???

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the best thing to do - cut out the 100 cal snack packs and snack on some veggies or fruit instead. Good oranges seriously are better than candy! And strawberries! Those snack packs are ... well... just read the ingredients label! :laugh: Not to say I eat perfectly (:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ) or totally non-processed, but I'm also not going to Jamaica in 6 weeks!

Don't expect too much too fast. You will most likely not lose 20 lbs in 6 weeks, not at the weight you are now (if you were 300 it might be more doable). If it were that easy, we'd all be skinny! :laugh:

10 or so is a more realistic goal by then. you definitely need to up the gym as well - 4-6 times a week would be more ideal and be sure to really hit it hard. Also be sure to eat enough and to do well on protein and other good calories.

You can do a moderate "severe type" "diet" for the next few weeks - something like cutting out carbs and all processed foods and get some good quick results, but I would not recommend doing anything like this really long term, but to just focus on being balanced and within your limits / goals long term and as healthy as possible. (I also am not talking about a severe type diet like eating only 500 calories or something... I would never recommend that for more than a couple days as a cleanse or calorie shake up or something.)
  • keba25
    keba25 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, I love strawberries and pineapples too...but I'm not a big orange fan....4-6 times a week to the gym with my schedule sounds waaaay out there but I'm trying to do my best on that end.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Welcome to the site and congratulations on taking the first steps!!!
    Just remember that Cardio workouts will benefit your fat burning while at the gym. Strength training will benefit what you burn all day.
    Try to do some of each. It will definitely help.
    The veggies and fruit statement is dead on - the types of sugars your body gets from those are FAR better than the processed carbs and sugars from snack packs of any type (not to mention the extra sodium).

Lastly, Water, fiber, and people to motivate you!
    Jamaica - TOO MUCH FUN I've been to Montego Bay and Negril - you'll love it I'm sure!
  • mytwobabies
    mytwobabies Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to the site! If you are looking for results in just 6 weeks I suggest trying Jillian michaels 30 day shred. There are lots of groups on here that just started, you could join one and have even more support! the workout is less than 30 minutes and shows great results! I am on my second round. I started it because I am in a wedding and the dress they shipped me was too tight and I was afraid I wouldnt fit into it for the wedding. After finishing my 30 days not only could I fit into it but it was getting to be big!! Whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck! :) your trip sounds fun!
  • keba25
    keba25 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks, cjjones! I did cardio and circuit traing yesterday...and I plan to do it today also. I was in the Bahamas in February, I wasn't all that satisfied with my body on that trip so I have to do better for this one. We are going to Negril...I'm looking forward to it!