I weigh 208lbs. how much time should I aim at to lose 60 lbs?

Options
I feel like ive gained weight very fast. now i want to lose all of it.
Please help me!

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Don't give yourself a timeline. Just let it fall into place.

Setting timelines for your goals can often-times lead to disappointment.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    like i read in some other post there's nothing wrong to take a year of your life and lose the weight, sometimes we pressure are self with timeline and that doesn't always happen
  • KitKate89
    Options
    Rather than setting a timeline for your weightloss goals, I would suggest setting mini fitness goals for yourself. For example, every month I try to give myself something different to focus on. This month, my goal is to not take more than one day off from exercise in a row. I'm keeping my ultimate weight goal in mind, but having a daily goal I can check in on is a lot better motivation for me than watching the scale all the time.
    When I started my weightloss, I dropped 30 lbs fairly quickly by doing things like that.
    I highly recommend you find a workout plan that suits you and stick with it for at least 3 months!
    A few tips:
    -Don't expect results overnight
    -Don't weigh yourself every day (trust me just don't!)
    -Small changes can make a huge difference (cut out soda if you have one a day, or just try drinking one more glass of water than normal)
    -DON'T GIVE UP! YOU CAN DO IT!! :)
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It took me 6 months to lose the first 60lbs of the 75ish I have to lose. The first couple months were the biggest drops and mostly water weight, I suspect. After that I leveled off to about a lb-1.5 lb per week average, though not linear...one week it might be .8 and the next week 2lb and another week nothing followed by a week of 3lbs. You can expect a few big drops early, especially f you're reducing carbs as I was (necessary, not a fad choice) and then a more gradual rate after that. Since the fist 6 months, I've only lost 5-7 lbs over the last 4 months. The last 10 lbs are a longer process.

Set you stats for a lb per week and see how it goes. Don't put too stringent time goals on yourself. Plan for a year and if you get a couple wooshes to make it a bit quicker, that's a bonus. Expecting too much, too fast can lead to disappointment and quitting. You could do 2lbs if you have more than the 60 to lose, but you won't have many calories to work with and no one likes to be hangry.
  • hellsyeah
    Options
    It took me 6 months to lose the first 60lbs of the 75ish I have to lose. The first couple months were the biggest drops and mostly water weight, I suspect. After that I leveled off to about a lb-1.5 lb per week average, though not linear...one week it might be .8 and the next week 2lb and another week nothing followed by a week of 3lbs. You can expect a few big drops early, especially f you're reducing carbs as I was (necessary, not a fad choice) and then a more gradual rate after that. Since the fist 6 months, I've only lost 5-7 lbs over the last 4 months. The last 10 lbs are a longer process.

Thank you so much :) I was wondering what kind of an exercise routine you follow?

• cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Mostly, I lift. When I got rolling, I wanted to maintain muscle mass, so I took up strength training. I started with Stronglifts 5x5 for the simplicity of it, but have more recently started to expand my efforts. I've kept the big lifts, but have also added assistance work.

I do yoga twice a week and I walk....everyday with the dog if the weather is good enough for it. 2 or 3 times per week on the treadmill if the weather is not good...We've been in a deep freeze of brutal cold for the last couple weeks here, so there's no waking the dog outside lately.

I have an aversion to cardio, so I don't do anything more than the above right now, though my goal for the year is to embrace cardio in some manner. Hope to learn to jog in the spring.
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Try not to give yourself a timeline. It took me about 10 months to lose 50 lbs. It takes a while. But, when you lose weight slow and steadily, it stays off more easily. :) Good luck!