5ft ladies, what is your calorie number?

Options
1235»

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I think 1360? But I'm very heavy. 5'1", am set to Sedentary.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    dlucio1 wrote: »
    1200 calories is way too little for me, I am starving with this amount, but am only 5ft. I feel that I am the only person in the whole world that can't do this. I weigh 167lbs and am suppose to eat this amount to lose weight. I feel like a total failure. Thats why I can't do this counting calories.

Hi, I'm 5'2.5" - I'm 65 years old, and have set MFP for 1245 calories to lose .4lbs per week now because I'm close to my goal range of 130ish or lower for a healthy BMI. I've lost 40 pounds so far in a little over a year here on MFP. My starting weight was 179 and I'm at 139 right now. I was losing about 1.5 to 2 pounds per month. I figure slow and steady is better for me because of my age and worried about loose skin, etc.

I am set for sedentary and eat back most of my exercise calories (within 100 to 200 cals). So far it's been working for me. When eating back the exercise calories I'm averaging anywhere from 1,400 to almost 2,000 cals on exercise days. On my off days I stick to around 1,245ish, since I wear a pedometer I count all the calories burned from walking around all day which gives me some extra calories to eat back so I'm usually never eating only 1,245 cals.

I exercise 4 times per week lifting weights in a Body Pump class at my gym and some cardio (low impact) after the weight class 3 times per week and wear a heart rate monitor to estimate by calorie burn. I don't really like exercising but at my age I have to; I'm trying to stay healthly, ugh.

MFP does work the best for me -- and I've been on every diet there is (I'm a lifetime Weight Watchers member, haha.) Counting calories was my breakthrough so maybe if you adjust your MFP numbers you can find your best fit to count the cals and do some exercise. Wishing you the best. . .
  • DaisyChain80
    DaisyChain80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1 to lose 1lb a week im only allowed 1320 calories....im starving too!! Add me we can help each other keep motivated
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    5'4" 1.5 lb week to lose each. MFP has me at 1460 but it is too high. Moderate deficit for me to lose is 1100. I am at the pesky 10 lbs left to loose.
  • Fit_4_life_502
    Options
    5'2" and completed an inspiring transformation in take in only 1,100 and I weight train 6 days a week on that calorie intake. Sounds like you are not getting enough protein. Protein keeps full longer carbs just empty calories. Lower the increase protein by lot. Keep track of your macros!!!!!!!!. I have attached my transformationse5m35kjmq46.jpg
    lp5gjcppzoqu.jpg
    2s8rtigy3og8.jpg
    gfwj9j8kqzs1.jpg
    8fi312gx4mk9.jpg
    26h2cloozrvo.jpg
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    The wife is 5' 3", currently training for Spring Marathon Season (26.2 mile races) - logging 1200 to 1400 calories when she's cutting weight. She's not currently cutting (118 pounds) and I have no idea her maintenance intake, but as the Spring Race Season approaches she'll cut to 102-104-ish pounds on 1200 to 1400 with the occasional once-a-week "carb load" of 2400-ish the day before a long 20-miler training run or even more before a race.

She does just fine on 1200 to 1400 logging ridiculous mileage ... but it's short term. 8 to 10 weeks at most.

NOTE: Running effort is basically pounds times miles (modulo pace, terrain, elevation, etc.). The miles are fixed, so the lighter the pounds the better it goes. Mostly.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    5'1" here and I've custom-set my MFP goals using TDEE. My daily target is 1325 calories, based on TDEE-20%. I don't log or eat back exercise calories. Most days that's enough food, and I have no problem feeling full. My biggest challenge is getting enough protein (I'm semi-vegetarian and veggie protein options just aren't as good on the protein per calorie ratio as meat options) but on the whole, it suits me just fine.

I started at 155lbs and am now just under 135, targeting 115 or thereabouts.