Need to drop 100 before I hit 20 (:

Determined to lose 100lbs before I hit my 20's later in August! It is really hard to do so with my whole family being a little overweight or not having the best eating habbits. Therefore I am on my own and I could use all the support and tips I can get. I have dropped 40lbs before so I know I can do this! :)

Replies

• CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    August of THIS year? As in, 7 months from now? Wow.
  • I dropped 40lbs last year starting from September to January. I currently weigh 244 I will be happy just getting to 170
  • Congrats on the weight loss so far! Keep up the hard work. Feel free to add me. Hopefully we can share some motivation!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Tbh it sounds way too agressive. You can do it but it depends who you do it. Crash dieting , restriction and starving yourself. Normally young people have unrealistic expectations. Weight loss slows closer you get to target. Good luck.
  • KitaniFitness
    KitaniFitness Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in for an Add. Support is beast to reaching our goals. #Nobackfat2015
  • jenschroll
    jenschroll Posts: 162 Member
    Why the need to hit 100 so soon? It took me 14 months to drop my first 100 and progress has really slowed since, but that doesn't mean you won't look and feel great along the way.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    edited January 2015
    More than 14 pounds each month? I know you said you lost 40 pounds before, and that is great! Please be careful striving for such rapid weight loss. Losing 100 pounds seems like a fantastic enough goal, and I'm not sure that the time frame is necessary. You could lose 100 pounds in around a year at a more reasonable rate of 2 pounds per week (the same rate you lost the 40 pounds before). Good luck!
  • Thanks everyone! I know its seems quite aggressive and unrealistic but i'm the type of person who likes to do things as in breaking records. I am younger so I am hoping for a much better and faster metabolism rate. I do have a physician assisting me as well. Lets just see I how I do in the next 30 days. So far so good! Im not even thinking about the junk foods right now which is shocking! I can't be 244 when I'm 20. :/
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    At 3 pounds a week, that's going to be quite aggressive. You might be able to keep that up for a month or two, but then the rate will drop.

For perspective, I started last January at 248, and now I'm 192. 56 pounds in a year. You didn't put all 100 pounds on in seven months, so why rush to take it off?
  • renewedwoman
    renewedwoman Posts: 2 Member
    I have the same weight loss goals, add me for support too :)
  • jklei169
    jklei169 Posts: 120 Member
    I dropped 40lbs last year starting from September to January. I currently weigh 244 I will be happy just getting to 170

That is a quite ambitious goal. It is achievable but will not be easy. I truly hope that you are successful. If I can be any assistance to you or ig you need to vent some frustration to someone on your journey. Let me know. Keep us posted on your success.
  • printererror
    printererror Posts: 48 Member
    My 20th birthday is July and I'd like to go from 235 to 170 too! Love to add you!
  • grmreapper
    grmreapper Posts: 29 Member
    I used to weigh 222lbs as of September 27 of last year I currently weigh 182.4 I do not starve myself but eat a reduced calorie diet plus exercise 6-7 days a week. I lose about 1 or so pounds a week. You can lose the weight but that much weight in that short of time is not healthy.