Sounds Cheesy but worked for me.

Options
If you need a bit of extra motivation if you going on a run or long cycle ride then try listening to the soundtrack to Rocky on your mp3 player. Everytime I do, I always push just that little harder and it makes me feel much better afterwards. I have a place where I cycle around a lake and one circuit is 5 miles. I remember when 1 lap used to nearly finish me off, now if i don't do at least 4 laps at a medium to fast pace, I feel like I've not done enough. Thanks Rocky for increasing the benchmark....lol

Replies

• bellabambina89
    Options
    sounds legit :) I listen to alot of rock music and techno, it pumps me up the way the Rocky song pumps you up. Plus I can dance to it a little for some extra calories to be burned!
  • KTCali
    KTCali Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! :laugh: That's a great idea! Thanks!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Music is an important part of a workout routine. A good mix will get your heart pumping and your adrenaline flowing. So it doesn't sound silly at all.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    So, at my college's gym, they always play music. Whenever the Rocky song comes on, I SWEAR the volume goes up by 100%. Just for that song. I know it must get louder because with my headphones in watching TV I can't hear the music at all... but when that song comes on, you can ONLY hear the music. Haha.
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I usually use Green Day's "21st Century Breakdown" or the new Foo Fighters "Wasting Light" to get me going...I am afraid that if I listen to ROCKY I am gonna want to punch sides of beef...Done it before and I will do it again
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound silly or cheesy to me! I HAVE to have music to work out and I've heard a lot of people suggest songs from Rocky!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    sounds legit :) I listen to alot of rock music and techno, it pumps me up the way the Rocky song pumps you up. Plus I can dance to it a little for some extra calories to be burned!

Oooh, what kind of rock and techno? If you're looking for a great techno album, you should check out Drink the Sea by The Glitch Mob. I love listening to it on the elliptical :)
  • blackcelica
    Options
    My main playlists for exercise are totally 'Rock' based. If it's upbeat you will be too. For me, Aerosmith is always a good one. Afterwards when winding down and relaxing, then you can get the slow tunes on. To be fair, you'll always do better and feel better by listening to your favourites whatever they are.
  • bellabambina89
    Options
    Music is a wonderful thing in general. I was raised listening to classical, and now I listen to everything. I even took up band in middle and high school, and it really helps you think.
  • bellabambina89
    Options

Oooh, what kind of rock and techno? If you're looking for a great techno album, you should check out Drink the Sea by The Glitch Mob. I love listening to it on the elliptical :)

I usually just listen to alot of Basshunter, Combichrist, and heavy bass stuff. Mainly because it's all I have right now.
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options

I usually just listen to alot of Basshunter, Combichrist, and heavy bass stuff. Mainly because it's all I have right now.

You would definitely like The Glitch Mob :) And Bassnectar. And Pendulum! Omg you should send me your address so I can send you some music! (Sorry, I geek out really hard when it comes to music, I freakin love almost every kind. Except country. And in southern MN, that is sooooo "not cool" lol)