motivate me!

Options
I need some people to help with motivation. Wether is just some words or ideas and ect. I havr a long road ahead of me and have lost so many its amazing how many people turn there backs when you say you need to get healthy! Offer a beer and there all there.. ask for a gym buddy and they disappear. Motivate me!!!

Replies

• heathervo
    heathervo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Long road here as well! I find that without having outside motivation as well as accountability, I slow down or stop. I hate that I'm not as self disciplined as some people but I'm just not. One thing I'm starting today for visual motivation is something I saw on Pinterest I hope this link works. http://www.dietgirl.org/2012/03/jealousy-is-useful.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+dietgirl+The+Amazing+Adventures+of+Dietgirl&utm_content=Google+Reader
  • paultucker1007
    paultucker1007 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you need someone to motivate you, you've already failed
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hmm, I'm not sure we can motivate you, but it looks like you are already well down the road to your goal.

Why are you trying to lose the weight, honestly? If you honestly self-identify the reasons, you will be better able to understand what is motivational to you.

For example, for me, I think I'm motivated by looking good, feeling more "like my old bony self again" (to quote Jack), and just becoming more proportional. :disagree:
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
  • Calipea
    Options
    I totally understand. I got motivated over the last couple of days. I never get sick but just now finished getting over a viral infection. It has made me realize I am not as heathy as I use to be...and seeing the belly in the mirror too! I use to workout on and off but have had a hard time getting back on track for the past year. Im a mum of three and also had a kinda stressful job.
    So tomorrow I plan to get ut at 6am and go for a walk. I find thinking of fitness throughout the day keeps me on track. Also a buddy to report to too.
  • als13071
    als13071 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

You sir are a negativE nancy. I used to say... "i dont need motivation, i motivate myself." Cocky and confident. Truth is all people are motivated differently... and though you may not be encouraged by words of other people and by comparrison others are. Also we are ALL motivated by something so you keep telling yourself that. In reality though i dont really care what your opinion is so move along...
  • als13071
    Options
    Aemely wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm not sure we can motivate you, but it looks like you are already well down the road to your goal.

Why are you trying to lose the weight, honestly? If you honestly self-identify the reasons, you will be better able to understand what is motivational to you.

For example, for me, I think I'm motivated by looking good, feeling more "like my old bony self again" (to quote Jack), and just becoming more proportional. :disagree:

I was always skinny. I ran into some health issues that have been pretty defeating and fell apart. Gained wight and things got crazy!! I am losing weight because i want to be healthy again and i want to feel like i look good!
  • kenmiller75
    kenmiller75 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

That's not motivational at all!

We all have our reasons for being here but sometimes we need an extra push, or for some, myself included, a swift kick in the *kitten*!
  • als13071
    Options
    Calipea wrote: »
    I totally understand. I got motivated over the last couple of days. I never get sick but just now finished getting over a viral infection. It has made me realize I am not as heathy as I use to be...and seeing the belly in the mirror too! I use to workout on and off but have had a hard time getting back on track for the past year. Im a mum of three and also had a kinda stressful job.
    So tomorrow I plan to get ut at 6am and go for a walk. I find thinking of fitness throughout the day keeps me on track. Also a buddy to report to too.

Buddies hold you accountable! Haha children i find make it ever so challenging to develop a routine. My son is two and we live in new york so its too cold for him to be out in a stroller with mom walking so i have to schedule routines around this. Very difficult in the winter!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you should totally start a pintrest board with tons of motivational quotes and inspiring pictures. you can set up a bank account and figure out a system to pay yourself for every workout you do, and reward yourself with something cool after a year. buy a fun bathing suit that you'll wear this summer too!!

or, instead of wasting energy like that, you can just go actually work out. motivation for doing something is great. but instead, you can have some determination, and go do that thing.

go. go do the thing.

11SPen0434e.jpg
  • als13071
    Options
    you should totally start a pintrest board with tons of motivational quotes and inspiring pictures. you can set up a bank account and figure out a system to pay yourself for every workout you do, and reward yourself with something cool after a year. buy a fun bathing suit that you'll wear this summer too!!

or, instead of wasting energy like that, you can just go actually work out. motivation for doing something is great. but instead, you can have some determination, and go do that thing.

go. go do the thing.

11SPen0434e.jpg

I dont want to reward myself. I find my health as rewarding enough! Ive been sick for a long time.. so with that being said. The "motivation" i am looking for is positive experiences, maybe someone to say good thngs once in a while to keep me on track, and i would love some meal ideas. I cook whole foods and can not eat what many people do... so my food gets boring!!!
  • Eggsweet
    Eggsweet Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    For me, I always look forward to tomorrow and think about how much stronger I am than the day before and how much I can achieve moving forward. I fly solo, but I'd rather do this for myself than wait on flaky friends /gym partners.

I think reminding yourself of your goals and thinking about progress goes a long way.

It's cold and snowy here too, but I push through it.
  • helenw32
    helenw32 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone else can motivate you, but they can give you tips on how to self-motivate. I'm not expert, but I started a Pinterest board just to motivate myself http://www.pinterest.com/helenw32/turning-over-a-new-leaf-for-2015/ and it's working. I've even printed a few of the pictures from it and posted them around my desk... it helps me to think about what I'm eating and gets me to exercise. My two favourite "fitspirations" at the moment are "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and my flow chart http://gettwicetheresults.com/2012/02/workout-decision-flow-chart/ ;) .

Also, I've taken a leap and started a blog on MFP http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/helenw32 . I don't know if anyone but me has read it, but its something I've never done before and I'm all for doing something new.

Best of luck with your journey! :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    als13071 wrote: »

go. go do the thing.

11SPen0434e.jpg

I dont want to reward myself. I find my health as rewarding enough! Ive been sick for a long time.. so with that being said. The "motivation" i am looking for is positive experiences, maybe someone to say good thngs once in a while to keep me on track, and i would love some meal ideas. I cook whole foods and can not eat what many people do... so my food gets boring!!!

i cook whole foods too. unless the recipe calls for me to chop it up.
  • als13071
    Options
    als13071 wrote: »

go. go do the thing.

11SPen0434e.jpg

i cook whole foods too. unless the recipe calls for me to chop it up.

Lol true...