On the road to 50+lb weight loss

Options
Anyone have similar struggle and success? Tips?

Replies

• wanabefit2016
    wanabefit2016 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 2 but I think if you're in the right mind set you can do it. Visualisation is also very good.
  • Nikkkosmom
    Options
    I became mom at 39 and just gained so much. I'm 5 feet so very short and have never been this heavy. I'm soooo determined!
  • Nikkkosmom
    Options
    I started last Monday going to gym every day during week, even went twice one day!:) I've lost 4.7 lbs this week eating very clean and healthy!
  • MissSpooky83
    Options
    I have 56lbs to lose and am struggling so bad. But I have started attending the gym about 4 times a week and eating better, I am hoping the scale likes me in a few days time lol. Determination is key. I wish you luck with your journey :) I made an account on here today in hope that it will help
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I have 40 lbs to lose in total. I started January 2014 and last year I lost ~10 lbs. It's easy for me to feel discouraged about that because I see all of these success stories from last year losing TONS of weight, but I learned a lot about my eating habits last year. Instead of taking suggestions from people here on MFP (I know everyone has their heart in the right place) I'm now eating the way that works for MY body to lose weight - not what people on MFP have recommended to me.

So, just know, no matter how much weight you have to lose it's a journey and a learning process. I'm starting 2015 with the same goals I started 2014 with, and I will have these goals for the rest of my life.
  • BethLiam1
    BethLiam1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have 61 to lose.. I had some surgery beginning of last year and gained 20 instead of losing.. Did Nutri-System for 3 months to train my body for portion control (and bought a portion measurement plate from amazon for 10 bucks. Now I really want fresh non processed food so canceled it this month. In the last 3 months I lost 4 inches but only 2 pounds.

I started using Jillian Michaels body revolution work outs free off you tube last few days and dropped 3 pounds.

I kept saying if I diet i will loose, the exercise is not required.. well i was being lazy and making excuses.. So I am ready for the journey and getting up and moving..
  • Tugsgirl75
    Tugsgirl75 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Started the year at 236.4. Today I'm 230.6. I have an awesome health coach who is almost like an A.A. sponsor. Went to a birthday party last night and even though I was offered cake 6 times, I said no! I made sure I had a Quest bar with me so that's what I ate while everyone else had cake. I also brought a veggie tray for everyone with Hummus, not dressing. It really helped me avoid the pasta salads and baked potato casseroles. I was about 100 calories over goal, but happy nonetheless because it could have been much, much worse! Looking to add friends here with similar goals (50+ lbs to lose). Friend me!
  • Melting_Hearts
    Melting_Hearts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    tugsgirl1 wrote: »
    Started the year at 236.4. Today I'm 230.6. I have an awesome health coach who is almost like an A.A. sponsor. Went to a birthday party last night and even though I was offered cake 6 times, I said no! I made sure I had a Quest bar with me so that's what I ate while everyone else had cake. I also brought a veggie tray for everyone with Hummus, not dressing. It really helped me avoid the pasta salads and baked potato casseroles. I was about 100 calories over goal, but happy nonetheless because it could have been much, much worse! Looking to add friends here with similar goals (50+ lbs to lose). Friend me!

Great job! ! It's choices like this that will lead to our success.
  • bamagirl485564
    bamagirl485564 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Have started this program again, hope it is with more success this time, My biggest Problem is I can't exercise because of a bad knee, had surgery, but need a knee replacement! anyone have any ideas for some exercises with out hurting my knees? Thank you