Any women do a boxing workout?

Options
I am interested in starting a boxing workout at home. I just wondered if anyone does this or has tried it in the past. I don't want to go to a gym. My husband and son will help me, but I don't know what DVDs are worth trying or what type of equipment is best. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have loved Bill Blanks Tea Boe work outs....feels like you can kicka$$ aand take names!

I am currently enjoyig the wii fit plus rythm boxing and just got the golds gym cardio workout game (it has a lot of boxing in it).
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I do a kickboxing class at a local karate studio.
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    Everlast Boxing Workout Video DVD

I use to use this one all the time. Till I lost it durring a move. No I do 10 minute solution bozing bootcamp which is a bit cheesy but it seems to be working just as well.
  • alexmommy
    alexmommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you have a Wii, the Gold's Gym Cardio Workout is awesome! I started out loving the Wii Fit boxing, but its very very limited. The Gold's Gym game is great!
  • tkimbre2
    tkimbre2 Posts: 63
    Options
    I used to Tae Bo with Billy Blanks and I absolutely loved it!! I love workouts like that! I also used to take a kickboxing class at a karate studio and that was a blast too! It's just very hard for me to get motivated to work out at home because I can think of 1000 things that need to be done and my attention isn't on working out. Good luck to you on this journey!
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    I have loved Bill Blanks Tea Boe work outs....feels like you can kicka$$ aand take names!

I am currently enjoyig the wii fit plus rythm boxing and just got the golds gym cardio workout game (it has a lot of boxing in it).
    I like Tae Bo too. :) But I now use TurboFire (started with TurboJam) and really love it. Do you have on demand channel? You can see if there are any on there. Good luck!
  • MayberryMama
    Options
    Hi BCMallWalker!

Great choice - I've been doing boxing workouts for 3 years and I swear by them! I have done Turbo Jam and am currently doing Turbo Fire. I am ADDICTED!! They are so fun and the results are amazing. I have lost about 13 lbs since I started Turbo Fire, even though I had to take 3 weeks off because I got mono. (YUCK!!) It's so important to find a workout you like enough to look forward to it so you will keep it up. Anyway, if you want to check it out, here is a link to Turbo and also some other great workouts - they are all Beach Body workouts and I have had great success with them. Good luck to you - I hope you find the one that motivates you and keeps you going!!

http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/?referringRepId=FieldingFitness.

Happy Wednesday!!
    Leslie
    www.beachbody.com/fieldingfitness
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for wii. Love it. Lost two inches off my waist the first three weeks. My problems are very minor - I'm adjusting to the workouts now (after two months) so it doesn't get my heart rate up enough. I compensate by doing other cardio exercises on off-days. Also, the Gold's Gym wii has the wii remotes vibrate and make very satisfying punching noises when your punches are on-target. After that, it's hard to get excited about regular video workouts because there's no immediate gratification ;)

It's not a real boxing workout by any means. Real boxing is beyond difficult and you would have to go to a boxing gym to get proper instruction. But it's still a lot of fun and you get rewards the longer you "play."
  • bcmallwalker
    Options
    I forgot that there was rhythm boxing on the Wii fit plus. I have one but haven't used it in a while and I never tried that game. I'll have to try that out. But I really want to actually hit something, not just air. :smile:

Is the gold's gym game also for the Wii?

Thanks for the ideas!
  • bcmallwalker
    Options
    Thanks for the information. My husband has done P90 and just ordered P90X from beach body, so I am familiar with them. I'll have to check out Turbo Jam & Turbo Fire.

I had a Billy Blanks Tae Bo workout years ago, but that was on VHS and I don't have a VHS player anymore.

It's great to know that there are so many women out there who are doing this. I'm riding my recumbent bike everyday for cardio, but I need an upper body workout. And I know myself if it isn't fun, I won't stick with it. I'm loving all the suggestions, thanks!
  • MayberryMama
    Options
    That's just what I say - if it's not fun, I won't stick with it. Since you're going to do it every day, you don't want to dread it!