New Here. Help please!!

Options
sanjithedward
sanjithedward Posts: 7
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I am Sanjith. Looking to lose some weight. Last Four years I have put on so much weight and on the brink of obesity. Someone Please help me to reduce weight and stay fit.

Replies

• UtmanZay
    Options
    I have the same story but now I've started brisk walk for 6-7 kms daily and a light change in diet plan to shed abt 0.5 kg per week.
  • sanjithedward
    Options
    Thank you Utmanzay. I don't have access to gym. Happy to workout from home. Any suggestions buddy?
  • UtmanZay
    Options
    Dear, I also don't have time to go to gym etc. but I've a good walking track near to my home (2km length) so I try to walk on that track with a time frame. and I try to take 2 meals from three time meals. First measure your BMI and then calculate your required Calories.. and then note down the calories of your mostly eaten food and try to calculate ur food calories everyday.... For Example, If your daily required calories are 2000, then try to decrease your calories intake to 17-1800 calories and also start brisk walking for 5-6 Kms per day.. I'll hardly take about 1 hour...
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Spend some time reading the stickies at the top of each section and understanding how weight loss works. Knowledge is power.

To lose weight you need to be consistently at a calorific deficit compared to the amount of claories you need to maintain. You can get there by entering your details into MFP and then deciding how you will get that deficit by either reducing the amount you consume to the level suggested or making some of the deficit up with exercise, which is a way to burn calories other than by reducing the amount you consume.

11lbs to lose is not really much so go for 0.5lb-1lb a week, which would be a daily deficit of either 250 calories-500.

Plenty of workouts on youtube. You should also consider doing some weights if you are interested in getting fit.
  • sanjithedward
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys. Will workout like u have suggested and most important is to reduce my calorie intake. I eat breakfast less, lunch moderate and heavy dinner. I realised the issue in this. Not healthy.
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Changing your way of eating is way more effective than exercise. Just think about how few calories you burn with an hour of exercising and how easily it is to eat it back. Low fat diets don't work. Consider controlling your carbohydrates to no more than 50g per day and see if this helps. Some need to go even lower. If you see success, think about a low carbohydrate way of eating. I don't get hungry much on this way of eating.
    -Dawl