HELP AND ADVICE 2st in 4 months?

Options
XCHOCOLATECRAZYX
XCHOCOLATECRAZYX Posts: 38 Member
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone,

I'm just after some advice really I have done mfp last year and was successful and constant on my losses for around 4 month but then I made things complicated for myself by switching chopping and changing the plan and gained all the weight back after Xmas!

I'm a bridesmaid in May and I really want to lose 2st getting me down to 10st from my current weight of 12st....I'm currently doing weight watchers which I do like but I only really joined as there was a cheap deal on and now I'm thinking £21 a month is expensive and it all adds up...especially when I have really good digital scales at home which weigh me the exact same as group... So I'm going to ride the rest of my month out on plan then when it ends thinking of coming back to mfp

My question is do you think I could lose 2st by middle of May?? I Eat a healthy balanced diet lost fruit and veg and don't really eat carbs I do admitt I have a sweet tooth so I will have a hot chocolate a ww yogurt or a ww bar a day but apart from that all fresh produce snack on eggs mostly ....I also have started running 4-5X a week totalling 13-20miles and I plan on adding a mile on a week (currently doing 4mile runs a day)

Just wonder what's the best way to go about this do I seem to be doing everything right ??? Should I have lower calories to get the weight off (I know it's frowned upon but i really want this weight off) I should be eating around 1700 cals a day according to TDEE calculators (I'm female 5ft 8.5",24 years old)

Or should I just count carbs and go low carb to get weight off (although I'm sure this will effect my runs)

???? Any suggestions

Thanks

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit and you'll lose. In 5 months, if you're consistent, you can very likely lose 25-30 pounds.
  • XCHOCOLATECRAZYX
    Options
    Thank you. So just keep it simple and stick to the recommended calorie allowance each day?
  • Lisa_McAuley
    Lisa_McAuley Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this I'm wanting to lose 3 to 4 by July so I'll be doing the same , good luck x
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My advice is keep it simple. I complicated things last October and gained back too. I tried the 5:2 diet/ way of life and well, it's not for me. Apparently, I need to eat every day or I turn into a very mean person. So anyway, I completely messed up my journey, tried for two weeks to get back on track then said f it.
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Try switching your breakfast to a protein smoothie. Within 15-30 minutes of awaking have a protein smoothie. One scoop of whey protein isolate, 1/2 cup plain low fat or fat free Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. Then add 1/2 cup of fruit (berries are easiest) and 1 1/2 cups of veggies (greens are easiest) and blend. This revs your metabolism throughout the day and I swear you will not be hungry until lunchtime. The great thing about this smoothie is that you can place all the ingredients in a container the night before and the next morning all you have to do is pop it into a blender. I have one of those personal blenders and I set up my smoothie for the next day into the blender cup. When wake up I pop the blender cup onto the blender and I'm good to go in about five minutes. If you are a runner this is the perfect pre-run breakfast. Good luck and let us know how you are doing!
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Oops, hit post too soon. I was going to say on a more positive note, I'm about 7lbs away from my low weight back then, so just do what you were doing and you should reach your goal no problem.
  • XCHOCOLATECRAZYX
    Options
    Aww thanks for all this guys I will try out the protein smoothie and keep things simple :) I shall keep you all posted fingers crossed! X