Day 1 of 30 day shred

Options
OMG, just done day 1, found it so hard, wanted to give up half way through, but persevered and did it. So chuffed!

Replies

• ToniaH75
    Options
    I am currently doing that one also. Jillian Michaels will kick your butt!!
  • fishtaco19
    fishtaco19 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep going! I am on day 2, found it slightly 'easier' today if that's even possible. I figure I can stick it out for another 28 days for 25 minutes (I thought it was 20 minutes but I used my stopwatch this time - that keeps me motivated :D ). I set my alarm early and do it before dropping kids at school and going to work.
    Keep it up ladies!
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thanks peeps. What do you log the exercise as, how many cals burned?
  • fishtaco19
    fishtaco19 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did it as 25 mins cardio which gave me 249 calories. I don't have a fitbit etc. so not sure if that's close or not. I figure MFP calculates it based on weight so it would be close I think?
  • emsjay73
    emsjay73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it too... On day three... I think it's getting easier... If only I'd stop aching!
  • ToniaH75
    Options
    I just finished day 3 and the muscles in my legs feel like they are going to explode but i did it!! Keep pushing,you got this!!
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this on Monday - I hope I'm not as sore but at least I know now what to expect. No pain no gain I guess. Good luck to everyone!
  • annsfilms
    annsfilms Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Where do I find the Shred you're all talking about?
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    First time I did the Shred my legs were so sore that by day 3 I basically had to dead fall to sit down. But I stuck with it and saw great results. That was several years ago and I still keep it in my rotation of workouts. Here is my thoughts for beginners:
    1. Do it, even if your muscles are sore.
    2. It does not need to be 30 days in a row. I did 6 days per week and my friend did 5 days per week. We both saw great results. Your body needs a day every now and again to rest. I even heard Jillian say this in an interview about the Shred.
    3. I log it as 20 minutes circuit training (which does not count the warm up or cool down) The calorie burn is consistent with what my HRM says when I log it this way.
    4. Even after years there are still moves I hate that have never gotten easier for me (um, F you push ups and chair squats with a V raise!!) but it's only a few minutes so I grit my teeth and do them.

Good luck everyone! You can do it!
  • Imcharmed
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

suzikay12‌ - LMAO, at the dead fall! :) That'll be me tomorrow.

Was gonna give it a miss today, but after reading comments about pushing through the pain, I did it. Surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. Good luck everyone, go forth and shrink. :p
  • Imcharmed
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone! suzikay12‌ - LMAO, at the dead fall!
  • LokiiDokii
    LokiiDokii Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have tried so many times to get through all 30 days. I've got up to day 20 at best. I always end up with TERRIBLE shin splints, way too much jumping for me. I have super low Iron and calcium though, and I've always been prone to bone injury.

It does get easier the more you do it, the pain in your muscles lessens pretty quickly!
    Just be careful of shin splints, those suck.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Make sure everyone is stretching and go at your own pace. If you're starting fresh it is brutal, push yourself, but don't hurt yourself.
    Jillian kicks your butt for sure. Enjoy the burn! :) I've started it again as well.
  • KelBeFit
    KelBeFit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So I did the 30 Day Shred Level 1 just now. Whew that was tough! According to my HRM my calorie burn was 206.
    I have done it before and progressed through all levels and saw great results. I haven't been working out as hard lately because of some chronic muscle pain that I have been experiencing. I didn't intended to restart another 30 day shred, however, now that the pain has mostly subsided I think I just might become a ShredHead again!
  • Imcharmed
    Options
    Good luck, I've had a rest day today, but did walking instead. Day 4 tomorrow.