If you know what "lagniappe" means, then feel free to add me...

Options
This lady in Louisiana is looking for some extras in the way of support- especially during this king cake season. I'm reliable, committed and looking to add new friends.

Replies

• jklei169
    jklei169 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    When I bring my son to the bank, the teller often adds a lagniappe with my receipt. Often either a lollipop or a small piece of candy.
    Just curious as to the method behind your initial screening process for friend requests?
  • Amcgorry
    Options
    mmstoeckle wrote: »
    This lady in Louisiana is looking for some extras in the way of support- especially during this king cake season. I'm reliable, committed and looking to add new friends.

Here for you... With a little something extra. Health science nutrition minor in college- looking to lose 13 lbs. I'm a teacher and live in Memphis! Mid-south eating is hard to lose weight with! There is no convenient healthy meals available! All about modifying foods when you go to restaurants.
  • mmstoeckle
    mmstoeckle Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to exclude but I was hoping for some support from those with the same understanding of the regional quirks and challenges. When you can pick your dead thing, deep fry it and know it's going to be good, recognize jambalaya is a staple and pork products are always on the menu and there's a whole season dedicated to an XL iced cinnamon roll with sanding sugar, you need all the help you can get. :)
  • Sociologist2013
    Sociologist2013 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I share your struggle! Im in Metairie and Haydels and Manny Randazos king cakes are hard to pass up :-) Rule of thumb, 1" slice is 100 calories ....but I dont know anyone that stops at that !
  • jklei169
    jklei169 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I hope I did not offend. It was not my intention. I just found your criteria unique and interesting. I wish you all success in your journey.
  • mmstoeckle
    mmstoeckle Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Gosh, no. Wasn't offended at all. I'm glad you asked.
  • SELUSneak
    SELUSneak Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    mmstoeckle wrote: »
    I'm not trying to exclude but I was hoping for some support from those with the same understanding of the regional quirks and challenges. When you can pick your dead thing, deep fry it and know it's going to be good, recognize jambalaya is a staple and pork products are always on the menu and there's a whole season dedicated to an XL iced cinnamon roll with sanding sugar, you need all the help you can get. :)

Best example of explaining the diet down here I've ever heard!
  • lak200
    lak200 Posts: 26
    Options
    lets do this! looking for locals myself that understand our 'fry everything diet'! bayou girl here with waaaaay too much lagniappe! i'm tired of carrying it around!! the struggle is always real around here but even more so right now!
    i'd be happy to work along with you! have a great day everyone!
    #committogetfit
  • jadumz
    jadumz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what that is but I think I want lagniappe hahahha Wait, no.... Old me wants it o:)
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Oh what I wouldn't give for a king cake from Gambino's!
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Heeeeeeyyyyy. Grew up just a couple hours from you in central Mississippi (am in Virginia now). I know what lagniappe is, but more importantly, I know what gumbo, a roux, etouffee, boudin, jambalaya, and a poutine are! And I devoutly miss the real thing for all that.

Extra points for remembering (and going through) that Daiquiri Drive Thru that used to be in Baton Rouge? I'll send an add!