Starting again

Options
This is at least my 3rd attempt with MFP. I always do well at first and then get derailed for one reason or another and gain it back. I was diagnosed with High Cholesterol and pre-diabetes recently and I am afraid of what the rest of my life will look like if I continue down the same path. I could use any help someone has to offer, especially from those who struggle as I do with uncontrollable mood eating!

Replies

• mrs_yacoub
    mrs_yacoub Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This my 3 time too but I have 15 kilo to lose and I know that tracking my food will help me stick to my diet good luck to me and you
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have been on here multiple times too. I too get derailed and I usually blame on being too tired to fix something healthy so I grab something quickly. I'm a mother of 2... And my youngest almost a year is still not sleeping through the night so around mid afternoon when I'm alone I tend to binge or drink multiple sodas. I need motivation to stay on track again Maybe we can work together
  • casiwynmorris
    casiwynmorris Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi just joined today for the second time. Gained 7lbs since the last time so I'm determined to stick to it this time! Good luck to us all. We' all support each other. Going to try the cleansing kale and celery juice tomorrow to give my body a starting boost.
  • gnik1
    gnik1 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi second time as well. Just stop which I regret now ( put on 15kg) but have been logging my meals religiously since I started again. I've lost 5KG since I started after Xmas determined to log everything. Like you I used to have cravings to eat all the time what I found helped instead of having breakfast at 6AM, then a snack at 9 am and want lunch at 10:30 ~11:30 etc. What I am finding is that if I have my breakfast at say 8~8:30 a small snack at 10:3- ~1.1 I can last until 1pm for lunch and then have another snack at 4~5 pm then end off with dinner at 7~8 pm helps to keep that hunger feeling away. I am also walking at least 5~6 km a day and have been sleeping much better. Some days it's hard but if I do snack outside of those hours I try to keep within my daily calories intake. If I don't well tomorrows another day but it has been working for me.
  • Juliegray1963
    Juliegray1963 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi. Its my first time on here. Was doing WW but stopped tracking food. I gained weight over the holidays. For me i reward myself w/food. My hardest time is when I get home from work. Oh and I love love love sweets. U can friend me if u want. I'm looking for buddies. Thx
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP a few years ago, I guess. Life can get in the way and derail us, but you are already winning, if you pick yourself up and get moving again! Of 100 lbs I need to lose, I have 96.6 left! LOL

I would love to support y'all and would be happy to have some cheerleaders, too!
  • Bri1205
    Bri1205 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I would love the support and motivation. I will offer the same as well.
  • Momnoon1977
    Momnoon1977 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support everyone, I have an appointment to go to the local Y with my husband tonight and join a gym for the first time in my life?!?!?! Wish me luck!
  • miz_ppyn
    miz_ppyn Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Helo i just started back aswell. Had a hard time sticking to it as i was in the process of giving up smoking. But now the cravings n urges are gone im back to lose what i gained and lose what still needs to be lost ☺. Btw i was diagnosed with borderline type 1 diabetes aswell. Feel free to add me if you or anyone else does. Good luck on that road to a better you.
  • sdwdickson
    sdwdickson Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    About my 3 or 4 time here. I am 10 lbs heavier than when I started and more out of shape than ever. Feel free to add me also, I could use the extra support.
  • hezzie92
    hezzie92 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just started again too. Last time I finally made it to my goal weight and swore I'd maintain it. I did, for awhile, but life did get in the way, and I ended up putting myself last. Stopped paying attention so much to what I was eating, and exercising 3 to 4 times a week slowed to no exercise at all. Working on the eating part now, and trying to figure out the exercise part. A recent move, and my daughter's gymnastics schedule have made it impossible to do what I did before. Trying to figure out how to make it all work. Good luck to you and feel free to add me - I could use the support too!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I just created a new account yesterday because I gave up and deleted my old one ..I made a promise to myself that I will not give up this time ...wishing you much success and feel free to add me :)
  • jenfigmar
    jenfigmar Posts: 40
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hey I've been on that same boat. I have started eating healthy many times and then stopped. But this time will be it!! We can do this! You can add me if you want :)
  • amandajane333
    Options
    I too have started MFP a few times, however I'm really hoping I will stick with it this time. I'm going to make sure I actually enter everything I consume in as I know this is where I'm gone off track in the past.

Good luck, we can do this! :smiley:
  • lbouzari
    Options
    I feel like I have a lot in common with you guys on this blog. This is my second time to use MFP. I have wanted to get back on track with it since New Years and today I was finally ready! I still have 40 pounds to lose, and sometimes that feels impossible. I hope we can all help each other and get to where we want to be. Feel free to add me and I'll do the same. Go us!
  • icedcupcake1981
    icedcupcake1981 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is my second time of doing this & it's reassuring to know im not on my own. I really need to loose 10kg. Think im going to have be strict with myself & stick to the calorie limit & make time to enter it onto the app. GOOD LUCK Everyone!
  • Michelle_RN_1999
    Michelle_RN_1999 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off MFP for a few years. I lost 80 pounds 5 years ago, since then I have gained back 50 of them. I am determined to lose this weight and keep it off!! My first goal is to get under 200 pounds, so I have 12 more to go. I tend to get down on myself if I mess up and that turns into giving up. I have never used all the tools available on here and hope the support will help me keep on track.
  • DorisBakes
    DorisBakes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on a similar path. I've had unhealthy habits that are now causing health concerns and a general feeling of not being well. I also don't know exactly how much to lose but want to feel fit. I also want to be a better model of health to my two amazing boys!
    Let's support eachother!
  • Bhabegurl
    Options
    I too, recently restarted MFP. Like the others i do well in the beginning, but then towards the end i always seem to get side tracked. I guess just the lack of motivation. But this time around, i plan on staying motivated and keep using the helpful tools that this provides :) Not only to prove to myself i can lose the 30lbs ive gained but to my kids by showing them a healthier life style.
  • suecam2rn
    suecam2rn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am another one just returning to MFP. this is a great app. it works. we just have to stop putting the extra food in our mouths! I am determined to begin 'walking past' the extra treats! DETERMINED. I, we, can do this. we don't have to eat everything on the counter!!!!!! here goes to starting again. add me as well