I wanted to quit, but I didn't.

Options
This morning I woke earlier than I wanted to. My baby was settled well enough that she didn't immediately cry the moment I set her down. So I decided to seize the opportunity. I did my morning routine and then instead of sitting down to my cup of coffee, I got on the elliptical. It turns out that the preprogrammed workout can get tough. 3 minutes in and I was coming up with dozens of excuses to quit. But I pressed through. I thought I was gonna die around the 10 minute mark. 15 minutes in and I knew the end was in sight. 17 minutes in and I suddenly felt in the zone. At 20 minutes, my legs felt like jello. My 20 minute workout cycled from the easiest to the hardest resistance and back down again in the last minute.

Later in the day, my Husband started his first day of p90x. I joined him off and on during his workout. I was frustrated that my baby would scream a ton whenever I attempted to set her down. But I was able to do some things. I feel like I had a good day. And I feel so motivated for working out tomorrow.

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You didn't quit because you have the right attitude to achieve whatever you put your mind to.. You're a winner, YOU GOT THIS!!

Wishing you complete success in all your goals!

Adam
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Weigh to go...EVERY change is HUGE!!!
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Great job to both you and your husband!
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Great job. I have such a hard time at first when I start to exercise, but as you have shown, you just have to hang in there. It gets better and you feel better afterwards.
  • HazelBug1987
    HazelBug1987 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I just wanted to share how even when you aren't motivated but do it anyway that you feel so much better!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are hero. Good luck to you. :mrgreen:
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! That's so great. You did a wonderful job today.
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My first baby was exactly like this, so I know how much of accomplishment that was for you. Great job!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Good for you, powering through your workout, even when you wanted to quit! I have done that many times and it was what helped me achieve all that I have so far. Now that you have done it, and remember how good you felt afterwards, try to keep that in mind the next time you aren't feeling up to a workout, but try it anyway. We all have times like that when we want to quit, but keeping at it is what pays off in the end, unless we are truly ill.

I hope you have as wonderful a day tomorrow as you did today! Thanks for sharing!
  • WJDK
    WJDK Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have also felt like quitting during the middle of a workout. You just need to keep pressing on. Anyone who wants to add me can. I'm looking for motivating and supportive friends.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I just wanted to share how even when you aren't motivated but do it anyway that you feel so much better!

That is a really great attitude to have, and it will take you far! The truth is, sometimes the motivation to do it just isn't there... but having the discipline to do it anyway is what really makes a difference. It took me awhile to really learn that even the fittest people don't always feel like getting up and working out or going to the gym, but they do it because they don't give themselves any other option.

I've never regretted a workout, but I have regretted not doing one. The time will pass no matter what you choose to do with it - might as well make it count!
    Great job on pushing through. :)

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Good on you! If the baby crying gets too much, start using her as part of a weight lifting routine.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Great job- keep getting it!