I need motivation

Options
hello all! So I need motivation. I am starting my weight lost journey today! My goal is to lose 20lbs by mid March. My issue is when I get tired or bored I binge and that is usually mid afternoon. I want to try and stop soda too which is going to be really hard because that is what I drink to get energy. Please help me stay positive and motivate!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You don't need to give up anything, you need to learn moderation. Motivation is going to come from within. You need to want this enough to get it and keep it. Go get it!
  • WHITEBEARS1966
    WHITEBEARS1966 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I replaced soda with green tea. The hot tea helps me stop food cravings. When I am bored I exercise. I am now keeping track of my steps (down loaded free app and synced it with this app). So far so good.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I find that hard workouts give me motivation to avoid binging, because I think "why would I spoil all the hard work I just did??"

Plan snacks ahead of time so you know exactly what you will eat. You can "binge" on healthy foods, like veggies with hummus, without doing too much damage.

Follow this rule: No eating in front of the TV. Too easy to eat mindlessly, even when you're not hungry.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You don't need to give up anything, you need to learn moderation. Motivation is going to come from within. You need to want this enough to get it and keep it. Go get it!

This^^ and how about diet soda. I like diet Mtn Dew for energy.
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion but....If I am going to drink a soda I want a real soda. I have also done research regarding the "fake" sugar used in diet soda and it should that you are more likely to gain weight with diet soda vs regular soda
  • hallen38
    Options
    I drink sugar free monster if I am drained. but then I never have drank regular pop for the energy buzz..
  • truckerchic
    truckerchic Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Cleaning your body of sugars and processed foods believe it or not, will give you more energy. Try some infused water or tea if you find water to boring, good luck!
  • queenliz99
    Options
    emmoen wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion but....If I am going to drink a soda I want a real soda. I have also done research regarding the "fake" sugar used in diet soda and it should that you are more likely to gain weight with diet soda vs regular soda

Oh really!!??
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Cleaning your body of sugars and processed foods believe it or not, will give you more energy. Try some infused water or tea if you find water to boring, good luck!

what's wrong with sugar?
  • emmoen
    Options
    nothing is wrong with some sugar... but there are days that i have 2-3 20oz soda which is way to much sugar and I don't want to be dependent on it for energy like I have been/am.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    emmoen wrote: »
    nothing is wrong with some sugar... but there are days that i have 2-3 20oz soda which is way to much sugar and I don't want to be dependent on it for energy like I have been/am.

So work it into your calorie deficit. Just drink less of it.
  • emmoen
    edited January 2015
    Options
    i would rather quit and not be addicted to it anymore and then just treat myself to it on it during movie nights or date nights... special occasions
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Motivation won't help! gotta cultivate that self-discipline! you got this!
  • fruitsalad15
    fruitsalad15 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Drink Water for energy! It will hydrate you and give you more energy! No calories and makes you feel full. Good luck!