Anyone interested in becoming friends for moral support? +Asking for advice

Options
So I'm new on here, and I was wondering if there's someone who's interested in becoming friend for moral support and motivation. The reason why I've decided to start this so called 'diet' is because I want my life style to be a lot healthier than it currently is. I also would like to lose a few kilos, but mainting a healthy food pattern is my number one goal at the moment. I'm actually quite young, and I find myself craving for snacks and unhealthy food quite often, which is why I am also asking for advice. Does anyone know how to surpress these urges?

Replies

• Linzer140fit
    Linzer140fit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm older and still have lots to learn but I have a few thoughts on this. First of all I would not try to totally cut out treats and would allow things in moderation. Look at what you like to snack on, look at the food values, see if there's something similar that is not quite as "bad" that could satisfy your craving, give you some gratification and be less painful to your's waist line. Another idea many diets I've read about use and can work is to allow your self 1 or 2 "free" days. You can determine what "free" means to you. Whether it's you eat whatever you want the whole day. Maybe you eat whatever you want, but allow only ONE serving all day, maybe you have desserts that day, or allow yourself your favorite meal/treat/snacks that day. This is what I would do because sometimes trying to cut something out all the time just leads to binge in the long run. Good luck to you!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I too am new here as of today ....I would love to be your friend so we can cheer each other on our journey..Wishing you much success :)
  • nacca91
    nacca91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Happy too! We're all in this together
  • talieb90
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. Hopefully we can all spread a little motivation! :)
  • ncbrowneyes97
    ncbrowneyes97 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi- you can add me! Never can have too many friends for support!
  • amandabean350
    amandabean350 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this too and also need moral support if anyone can help???ive got to loose a few pounds any help and advice would be great
  • cmk013
    cmk013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I could use motivational buddies as well. I'm trying MFP at the recommendation of my HCP. Currently doing Weight Watchers, but I'd like to save the $50 a month I'm paying in fees, and just do MFP. Has anyone else tried Weight Watchers?
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Add me :smiley:
  • lucianaottoa
    lucianaottoa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me too :)
  • m_gullickson
    Options
    Add me. Good to have a support system.