Hi, just getting serious about losing it

Options
I'm new, I really need movement in my life. I love to garden and can spend countless hours outside...in the summer. But we've hit some record lows here, that goes from temps to mood.I need encouragement mostly. I know what to do, I just don't do it. My husband got a vivofit for Christmas, so this is where I'm starting. B)

Replies

• fitzymic
    fitzymic Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Good luck with your weight loss.im hoping to lose between 30/40 pound I will send you a friend request if you want add me we can all do with help now and again.
    Michelle
  • Juliegray1963
    Juliegray1963 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm looking for friends too. Im new to this site. My worst time starts at about 2-3:00pm all the way until I go to bed. My problem is sweets. I dont drink, do drugs or smoke. Food is my one pleasure and now I gotta watch what I eat. I have 40 pounds to loose. I never had a weight problem until I turned 46. I am going on 52. I do weigh and measure my food and even tho I went way off my food program yesterday, i logged it anyhow. Good luck to everyone!
  • Lorri1957
    Lorri1957 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I have the same issues, I love to work in the yard but lately I don't even have the energy for that. Hopefully we can keep each other motivated.
  • shivaluna1
    Options
    I'd love to share! This Vivofit has been a great help , nothing I've tried has helped as much. It makes me accountable, I check it all day long.
  • shivaluna1
    Options
    Hi. I'm looking for friends too. Im new to this site. My worst time starts at about 2-3:00pm all the way until I go to bed. My problem is sweets. I dont drink, do drugs or smoke. Food is my one pleasure and now I gotta watch what I eat. I have 40 pounds to loose. I never had a weight problem until I turned 46. I am going on 52. I do weigh and measure my food and even tho I went way off my food program yesterday, i logged it anyhow. Good luck to everyone!

• CraigShift
    CraigShift Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just got my vivofit last night, I am glad to hear it gets you up and moving as that is what I need. Do you have any tips for me? I did seem to notice it gives some calories burned even when doing nothing, is that correct? thanks
  • nscal
    nscal Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a vivofit as well and I do like it. I look at it several times a day. Love the fact that it monitors my sleep as well. Feel free to add me!
  • dwntwnpengrl
    dwntwnpengrl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I got a vivofit over the weekend and am totally obsessed with it. Love the "red-bar-of-shame" It makes me move when I wouldn't have previously. Feel free to add me. dwntwnpengrl
  • Ninina24
    Ninina24 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I want to get a vivofit. It sounds like everyone likes theirs. Would you recommend I go and get one? Does it make a difference?
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have lost 105 lbs and still have 145 to lose. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • shivaluna1
    Options
    Sounds like me. Three kids and before my six week check up with each one I was back to 100 lbs. realized my perfect weight 120 at 40, at age 45 or 46 started gaining. Here I am needing to lose 50 lbs. 2012 I had back surgery...that has left me in lots of pain. So, I got this vivofit and got some motivation to do it, I think it will help the pain if I'm lighter
  • shivaluna1
    Options
    Do you know any one that has fibromyalgia ? I've been in a four day flare. I have'nt logged in my steps or any thing
  • mary251
    mary251 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. I also have fibromyalgia. I'm trying to lose weight and get fitter in the hope that it will help me keep my pain in check so my partner and I can try for a baby without having to risk taking meds during the pregnancy.

Im just starting to diet and exercise lightly again after a series of flares, so if you fancy teaming up on here for a bit of encouragement and tip swapping, I'm your girl!

I hope your flare ends soon and you start feeling better.

Gentle hugs x