Over 150 Pounds to Lose? Join Us and Get It Done!

Options

Replies

• LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the long haul, myself 200+. Learning how to have a healthy relationship with food and work on my own self-worth, please feel free to add me if you want support and need someone to nudge you to be a bit more loving to yourself!
  • Trisha_Lynn_
    Trisha_Lynn_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I currently have around 170 to lose and would love to join in! Feel free to add me as well! :)
  • JuliannaUnderhill
    Options
    Dennise91 wrote: »
    I'd love to lose about 160 lbs. I need all the help and motivation I can get.

Welcome! Please add me if you would - every time i try to add someone this app goes bonkers. That goes for anyone else too, add me!

• JuliannaUnderhill
    Options
    I started out earlier this week and have lost 4, with 196 to go. Am here for the long haul, and would love to be part of this moment! If anyone happens to be in the OKC area, even better. Would love some activity partners. So eager to get to know all of you!

Welcome! Glad to hear you are planning a "long haul" like me...i think we can make it fun! Or funny. Or at least not boring!

• JuliannaUnderhill
    Options
    TnTrisha wrote: »
    Hi, I currently have around 170 to lose and would love to join in! Feel free to add me as well! :)

Thanks and welcome! I just realized that when I started this thread, I figured on finding maybe three or four others who needed to lose as much as I do. I am so glad to know I am not alone.
  • JuliannaUnderhill
    Options
    Well...I forgot to weigh myself yesterday. And I'm not going to today either, because the scale is upstairs and currently the upstairs is about 31 degrees! And it's not much better on the first floor either. My furnace died two days ago, on the coldest day of the year so far in Chicago. It was four degrees when it stopped working! I AM SO COLD. We are lucky enough to have two space heaters, but I am still wearing gloves inside lol. We closed the door to the second floor, and are supplementing the space heaters with the electric oven. The new furnace which we can't afford is coming Tuesday. A few weeks ago the stress would have had me eating everything in the house, but I have stayed under my calorie goals and been pretty good with my nutrition goals too. I'm pretty proud of that, whether I lose weight or not.
  • JuliannaUnderhill
    Options
    I'm in for the long haul, myself 200+. Learning how to have a healthy relationship with food and work on my own self-worth, please feel free to add me if you want support and need someone to nudge you to be a bit more loving to yourself!
    That's so sweet! Thanks and welcome.
  • way2shy
    way2shy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have over 200 to lose please include me!
  • way2shy
    Options
    Please tell me how you join and request friends not very computer savvy
  • kaitcb92
    kaitcb92 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would like to join you guys as well. I have 155 to lose. I am starting by changing my foods little by little - more protein, packing lunches vs. buying, tracking everything etc. In a few weeks I will add some exercise to the mix little by little. Don't want to overwhelm myself with too many changes all at once.
  • JuliannaUnderhill
    Options
    way2shy wrote: »

Me neither, I am having trouble with that myself! Welcome - you are officially joined
  • way2shy
    Options
    Thank you I really have to and want to do this can't fly on s plane to see grandkids until I lose at least 100
  • JuliannaUnderhill
    Options
    kaitcb92 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I would like to join you guys as well. I have 155 to lose. I am starting by changing my foods little by little - more protein, packing lunches vs. buying, tracking everything etc. In a few weeks I will add some exercise to the mix little by little. Don't want to overwhelm myself with too many changes all at once.

Welcome! You sound just like me - not ready to add workouts yet, but def in the planning stages!

• JuliannaUnderhill
    Options
    May I join? I have 150lbs to loose at least... Feel free to add me too!
    Welcome! And thanks for the add invite!
  • way2shy
    Options
    way2shy wrote: »

Me neither, I am having trouble with that myself! Welcome - you are officially joined

How did you friend request me?
  • JuliannaUnderhill
    Options
    I'd love to join I have over 200 lbs to lose. Feel free to add

Welcome!

• JuliannaUnderhill
    Options
    Welcome! We all need lots of encouragement and help...it's going to be difficult and take a long time. But it's worth it.
  • JuliannaUnderhill
    Options
    What is your favorite munchies defeater?
    I noticed a while ago that my daughter, (who is quite thin) often wanders into the kitchen bored-hungry but rarely eats anything, she just has milk. For her, it's out of laziness. Pouring milk is by far her least effort option. But it seems to quash her munchies so I have copied her. I used to go for carrots or a slice of cheese but that often led to too much. Now if I find myself wandering the kitchen I pour myself 8oz. of skim milk and it satisfies me pretty darn well.
    Do you have a trick food up your sleeve to fool your munchies?
  • JuliannaUnderhill
    Options
    I just noticed MFP has groups...this should be a group, I think. Should I make one and we all migrate to it? What should it be called?
  • LovelyPersona
    LovelyPersona Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I'm looking to lose 110 .... We can be each others motivation. I've tried this thing a bunch of times and never stuck with it. BUT this is it, no more excuses