Hello, Just started insanity workout and can't keep up routines...

Options
irejb
irejb Posts: 64 Member
I'm in my second week of insanity and am having difficulty do all the exercises and keeping up with the people in the tape. I really want to finish this to the end, but, at times, I'm not motivated to complete a weekout; I think this is due to the intensity of the workout.

Has anyone done insanity before? did you get better at doing the exercises in time?

Replies

• kasleighx3
    kasleighx3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've never done it myself but my best friend is obsessed with it. I've seen her do it at different stages. When she first started she couldn't always complete the workout. She'd stop for a second and then jump back in as soon as she could. Now, she keeps up with them all and always gets the most recent insanity right away haha. She's had amazing results! Honestly one of my inspirations when it comes to weight loss.
  • ekim514
    Options
    I've done it and you will find yourself pushing further as you get deeper into the workout.

Remember that the people in the video are mostly very young and in great shape!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried insanity before, but I have a kettlebell dvd that always whooped my butt! I just made it my goal that each time that I did the dvd that I would try to last a minute longer than I did the time before. Eventually I was able to complete the full 50 minute video.

You may want to try that, or maybe try repeating each day two or three times in a row to help you get a handle on the moves before you proceed to the next day. I think once you get comfortable with the exercises and have the right form that you will find that the workouts are easier and you are more excited to complete the workouts.
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    We started Insanity the Day 1 Test Period I literally was out of breath and failing so bad! The 1st day was worst, I really can't do much, I been so out of shape and it's my first time again exercising so after 2 days, I switched to a little lighter exercise, to Jillian Michaels Shred to be exact just so I can start working on my endurance, strength and flexibility first, then I will go back to Insanity. I just don't want to hurt myself too much and I do want to complete something I started, I feel like I'm not doing it right specially when I can't even do half of what everyone was doing. At least now I started with a slower exercise I can see my accomplishment and slowly but surely I can feel myself pushing and going towards my goal. I plan to switch around my work outs between JM and Insanity to give my muscles some rest. I do LOVE Insanity, I will be more pump once I can really work out the way they all do it! Have a great work out!
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'll let you in on a little secret...you're not supposed to keep up ;)
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing insanity now started 2nd fit test on Monday this is my 3 rd time and that's how u start take breaks when needed even Shaun t tells u a lot during the workouts because those people are already fit they are either instructors dancers boxers athletes in general even veterans so that's y they push through u would catch few of them slowing down or taking breaks the main ones that don't stay most in the front like Tanya
  • irejb
    irejb Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'm going to push myself to complete. I'm also thinking of trying turbo fire after I finish insanity.
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    DJ478 wrote: »
    I'm currently doing insanity now started 2nd fit test on Monday this is my 3 rd time and that's how u start take breaks when needed even Shaun t tells u a lot during the workouts because those people are already fit they are either instructors dancers boxers athletes in general even veterans so that's y they push through u would catch few of them slowing down or taking breaks the main ones that don't stay most in the front like Tanya

what she said :)
  • luvopera
    luvopera Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have done Insanity, and you definitely won't keep up. Do it at your own speed, stop when you have to, and jump back in as soon as you can. As Shaun says, the form is the most important thing. Don't cheat form at all! Do it as slow as you need to to keep your form. Within a week you'll already see that you can do more. Within two weeks, you'll definitely be able to do more. Just do what you can.
  • vprince1173
    Options
    don't worry, I'm on my 4th circuit. The first time, I couldn't do like, any of the exercises for long or sometimes at all. When that happens I would do modified versions (like instead of doing the push up jacks on the ground, I'd use a low counter to do a partial load version, things like that)

When I couldn't do something at all, like when my stomach was too big to do around it, I would jog in place while I waited for the next exercise.

DON'T GIVE UP! 75% of the magic of Insanity is that you are moving for 40 minutes! Even if its jogging in place, you are making progress!!