Winter Springs, FL Workout Buddy Wanted

Hi, I have at least 150 lbs. to lose and I'd like to find a workout buddy in Winter Springs, FL area. I have a treadmill (with a built in fan that blows on the face and upper body) and it monitors heart rate, is completely adjustable to various speeds and inclines and you can use the preset walking workouts too (if you're fit enough to do that, I am not, at the moment anyway), a 21 speed bike with a trainer thingy on it so I can use it as a stationary bike (works really, really well), I have five and ten pound quality, metal hand weights and a resistance band (with the handles on either end). I have tons of room in my garage, which is carpeted and there is a tv in there for following along with videos and/or watching Youtube video workouts, if needed.

I'd really like a workout buddy to help keep me motivated to get the exercise done. We also have a/c in the garage, oh, and the garage doesn't look like a garage, and it has a screen enclosure, so much more natural light. We currently have plastic over the screens to keep the cold out and the a/c in, when we need to use the a/c (which I always do when I exercise).

A little background on my health. In September 2013 I had to have emergency surgery to have a large section of my colon removed, which resulted in a temporary colostomy bag. I ended up with a MASSIVE hernia because of it. In June 2014 I had the colostomy reversed and the hernia repaired, and ended up with a temporary ileostomy. I got another hernia because of that. In October 2014 I had the ileostomy reversed and that hernia repaired, and I am still in the process of healing from that last surgery. Over the course of that year and a half, or so, I gained a lot more weight. I've lost 35.5 lbs since June, but I still have about another 150 lbs. to lose.

I also currently have a lot of joint pain (all over my body) and muscle pain (all over my body) from a seriously low vitamin D count and high blood pressure. I've just started medication for both over the weekend, so in a few weeks I should be feeling much better and able to do more than I've been doing. I do have to take exercise slowly and carefully do to the abdominal healing issues.

I'm looking for a work out buddy that also needs to take things slow but could also use the support of a work out buddy for motivation. If you live in my area please contact me. I'd LOVE to work something out so we can help each other. I'm not opposed to having more than one work out buddy either! Just so you know!

Fingers crossed there is someone in my area! I could SERIOUSLY use the support!

Thanks for reading my post!
Cathy Gray
Winter Springs, FL

Replies

• Hi Cathy! I am close but too far for in person sessions! I would love to support you on your journey. Feel free to add me for MFP support!!!
  • Thanks, phithappens! I sent you a friend request and a message! :-)