Easy and Quck recipes (30 min or less)

Options
Does anyone have any healthy recipes that take 30 minutes or less and doesnt have many ingrediants? My evening if filled with taking care of our 7 month old son. He comes first which means there isnt much time to cook and clean up before its time for me to go to bed.

Replies

• Emmy_Ann
    Emmy_Ann Posts: 60
    Options
    A favorite at my house that takes hardly any time is

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/no_bake_macaroni_cheese.html

Its really yummy, the kids have 2nds and 3rds most of the time and a really great way to get them to eat some veggies..
  • lijsda1
    lijsda1 Posts: 169
    Options
    You should check out Rocco's Now Eat This cookbook. All his meals are healthy (under 350 calories) and are easy to make.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Anything involving the phrase "crock pot". Search in the recipes section for tons of ideas.
  • rdrawlings
    rdrawlings Posts: 2
    Options
    I make huge batches of turkey chili with kidney beans in the Crock Pot. Just pick whichever packet of chili mix tickles your fancy and follow the simple ingredients/instructions on the back. Usually all you need to buy is the turkey, beans, tomato paste, and seasoning packet. Turkey (instead of beef) makes it more lean and lower in calories, and the beans are a great source of fiber.

Throw the ingredients in the Crock Pot in the morning and when you get home from work, you have enough chili for 4 or 5 meals. You can also just cook it regularly on the stovetop if you don't have a Crock Pot.

Pro tip: Seperate 2 cups worth into individual tupperware containers for storage in the fridge to limit yourself from eating more.