Friends! I need help - Time to see who else does too.

Options
SELUSneak
SELUSneak Posts: 21 Member
So, basically this is a hand out, looking for ANYONE else who just needs help working out. You know what and how and when to eat, but when it comes to sweating, you're a dolt. ;) I mean that in the sweetest way possible.

About a year ago I lost 20 lbs on dieting alone, but I still was mostly unhappy. This time, I want to FEEL better while shedding the pounds! (And not gain them back!) so here is my offer -

Are you too shy to go to the gym, or just worried you'll look silly doing those home workouts alone in front of your tv? You're in luck - so am I! But, I'm super competitive, and like to push myself when I have a reason, so how would you like to have a FRIEND you can compete against while both bettering yourselves? I don't care the rules, just that we both urge each other (and more the merrier!) to reach our goals, push our limits. Who can walk the longest, burn the most calories, do the most push ups, it doesn't matter as long as it's friendly and we are doing our best.

I'm thinking this is the right place to look for this, but if anyone can point me in another direction, feel free. :)

Thanks for listening y'all!

Replies

• VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! I eat well, it's just the working out part that I'm slacking on.
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    HaHaHa! I eat healhy in public and scarff it all down in private or overeat socially for any reason.
    To be totally frank, I am always on a diet but never lose more than two or three lbs, the same two or three lbs, but only and ever two or three lbs.
    My exercise is spotty. I have just written down a goal to exercise on my bike for 3 miles a day. Not sure how long that will take me per day, but am doing to do it.

I have the bike and the time but do I have the inner guts to take care of myself? We'll see.
  • dyevine
    dyevine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me- I've recently begun to REALLY keep track of all that I'm eating.
    Please yell at me if I eat reeses, or give in to that craving for pizza for once a week. I'm not always great about logging my exercise, but I have met my exercise goal every day for the past week...

I also have a hard time trying new things...

Add me!
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    SELU how are you and how is the diet? Loved cathcing up with your posits.....keep it up!
    Soosun
  • GreatGuy07
    GreatGuy07 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Here to motivate others and learn from others. Have kept a few goals and aim to reach more. Add up peeps!
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    So, basically this is a hand out, looking for ANYONE else who just needs help working out. You know what and how and when to eat, but when it comes to sweating, you're a dolt. ;) I mean that in the sweetest way possible.

About a year ago I lost 20 lbs on dieting alone, but I still was mostly unhappy. This time, I want to FEEL better while shedding the pounds! (And not gain them back!) so here is my offer -

Are you too shy to go to the gym, or just worried you'll look silly doing those home workouts alone in front of your tv? You're in luck - so am I! But, I'm super competitive, and like to push myself when I have a reason, so how would you like to have a FRIEND you can compete against while both bettering yourselves? I don't care the rules, just that we both urge each other (and more the merrier!) to reach our goals, push our limits. Who can walk the longest, burn the most calories, do the most push ups, it doesn't matter as long as it's friendly and we are doing our best.

I'm thinking this is the right place to look for this, but if anyone can point me in another direction, feel free. :)

Realistically, if you're competitive you really need to join some type of workout class, nobody cares what kind of gym clothes you're wearing, or how fat you are, they have to keep their eyes on the instructor. Anyone on this board could tell you they ran 20 miles today, but they really sat on the couch all day long eating little Debbie cakes.

I used to play Racquetball, it's a great sweaty workout, and you play someone else, and it's competitive. Join a gym with courts and sign up. Now that's live in the flesh competition.
  • GraceCamD
    GraceCamD Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Some people have medical reasons why they can't sweat their *kitten* off.....I walk and do some exercises but I am still recovering from a major back surgery 3 months ago so I can't do no lifting and other things and certain postions of some exercises still can't do so sorry I would love to say I'm in, I used to do boxing, running and ballet and now I do feel lazy but can't be helped yet at this point.
  • GraceCamD
    GraceCamD Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Realistically, if you're competitive you really need to join some type of workout class, nobody cares what kind of gym clothes you're wearing, or how fat you are, they have to keep their eyes on the instructor. Anyone on this board could tell you they ran 20 miles today, but they really sat on the couch all day long eating little Debbie cakes.

I used to play Racquetball, it's a great sweaty workout, and you play someone else, and it's competitive. Join a gym with courts and sign up. Now that's live in the flesh competition.

Sorry but this response is too darn funny :D
  • SELUSneak
    SELUSneak Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys! I have a bad habit of getting motivated then three days later life just. ..not working out, lol. If anyone is still around though, my offer still stands - thiugh now ive joined the gym, and work out. (Okay, SOMETIMES I work out. :p) and to the guy about live competition, I wish I had a job where I didn't rely on 24 hour estavlishmebts, but what can you do but make the best of it.