Donuts/cronuts in NYC (and cheesecake maybe?)

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Going there on Tuesday and I really, really, want to find a good donut shop... I'd actually really love to try a good cronut.

Any suggestion? The plan is to go to Central Park (probably walking from Penn Station) then see Ground Zero, but we can walk around a little.

My sister also doesn't get to eat cheesecake much, so if you have a suggestion for a really good cheesecake, I'm listening!

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I think there's a really good bakery right in Penn Station ..... Zaro's Bread Basket .... if all else fails, they MIGHT have what you want ..... have a great trip !
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Donuts - One of my best friends swears by Donut Planet in Chelsea.
    http://doughnutplant.com

Oooo, the pictures on the doughnut plant site... pistachio doughnut looks amazing!! :D
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    theres not much round ground zero area yet as theyre still developing a lot of it.. dont wait till you get down there ..theres loads of places in teh city...you will be spoiled for choice :)
  • Francl27
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Doughnut plant! thank you!!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    +1 for Junior's Cheesecake.
  • katherinemab
    katherinemab Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Doughnut Plant. Ignore the rest. While in Chelsea, swing into Chelsea Market and get tacos from Los Tacos. Eat them while walking along the Highline!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I've been the Los Tacos, avoid it.

I bought a nice Opinel knife in that market, but the equipment prices were FR.
  • Francl27
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    +1 for Junior's Cheesecake.

Yeah we decided to probably skip cheesecake tomorrow, but I'll keep that one in mind for next year!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Just updating, we went to Doughnut Plant and Junior's. Both fantastic. Thanks for the recommendations!