Things I Have Learned

Options
The past 30 days (give or take a couple) have been the biggest learning experience of my life. I had just gone through two years of learning how to take care of other people (Paramedic School), but now I am learning how to take care of ME! The thing that irritates me is when people see me and ask what diet I'm on. Also, when I see peoples' posts on these message boards and I can tell that they are starving themselves. I just wanted to share what I have learned so far on this journey,

1) I can still eat anything I want to eat, but I may also have to work out harder the next day. (Cause & Effect)
2) There is nothing that you are going to buy on TV that is going to magically transform you in 30 days without you actually using it.
3) If it tastes like cardboard I'm not gonna eat it...I don't give a d*** how good it is for me.
4) Fast food = the devil
5) Without a good support system, or self-motivation from deep within, you probably won't succeed.
6) Portion sizes are on packages for a reason.
7) It's possible to lose the fear of a scale.
8) Diets don't work. Eating correctly does.
9) There are countless ways to prepare chicken.....but it always tastes like chicken.
10) I can do this...and so can you.

Replies

• Kbelle2607
    Kbelle2607 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great post! Good luck on your journey here :)
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! best of luck with your goals!
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you on the chicken thing. I really like chicken, but I get so tired of it! :o)
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    "There are countless ways to prepare chicken.....but it always tastes like chicken."

AMEN :bigsmile:
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    love it - thanks!
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    *** LIKE *** :happy:
  • rachielyon
    rachielyon Posts: 56
    Options
    The past 30 days (give or take a couple) have been the biggest learning experience of my life. I had just gone through two years of learning how to take care of other people (Paramedic School), but now I am learning how to take care of ME! The thing that irritates me is when people see me and ask what diet I'm on. Also, when I see peoples' posts on these message boards and I can tell that they are starving themselves. I just wanted to share what I have learned so far on this journey,

1) I can still eat anything I want to eat, but I may also have to work out harder the next day. (Cause & Effect)
    2) There is nothing that you are going to buy on TV that is going to magically transform you in 30 days without you actually using it.
    3) If it tastes like cardboard I'm not gonna eat it...I don't give a d*** how good it is for me.
    4) Fast food = the devil
    5) Without a good support system, or self-motivation from deep within, you probably won't succeed.
    6) Portion sizes are on packages for a reason.
    7) It's possible to lose the fear of a scale.
    9) There are countless ways to prepare chicken.....but it always tastes like chicken.
    10) I can do this...and so can you.

AGREED!!!! You have to eat ENOUGH and I always try and remind people of that. Starving yourself may cause you to lose weight temporarily but then causes your body to store EVERYTHING else you eat! It's so not good! And BTW....I love chicken :o) LOL
  • tsomo
    tsomo Posts: 44
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Very wise. I fully agree with you. :flowerforyou:
  • missvics
    missvics Posts: 112
    Options
    Awesome insights!!! I myself still haven't given up fast food and probably never will....and I still fear the scale!!! Baby steps!!
  • Lightjulesloves2run
    Lightjulesloves2run Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love,love,love everything u said! I hate diets and I get upset when people tell me they are on one:) I wanna yell and say u can do it without deprivation!
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    "There are countless ways to prepare chicken.....but it always tastes like chicken."

AMEN :bigsmile:

Ditto! :laugh:
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    Couldn't have said it better myself!!! Just starting my journey. Thanks for sharing.
    Also, as an ER nurse-best of luck in your new career!!
    :wink:
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options

agrees ! lol

:smile: you can do this BB all the way! hugs!!!!
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    great post! keep up the good work! :smile:
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • meganmac21
    meganmac21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! I could not agree more!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    so true!
  • HEALTHFORME2011
    Options
    Awesome!! And all so true!! Thanks for the reminders!!!

Laura
  • surv8r
    surv8r Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree with all, especially #5 & #8... Keep it going!
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Great Post! I too have learned, and am learning these things. Especially the one about chicken, doesn't matter how you dress it up , it still taste like chicken!