In desperate need of support!

Options
I am trying to lose 50 pounds. It seems as though I will get motivated and lose about 20 pounds and then gain it right back. The missing piece of the puzzle has been a support system. I have had no one to confide in with weight issues or to be there for moral support. Hopefully, bthis is the place to find that. I have trouble adding people so please feel free to send me a request. Thanks!

Replies

• Kendall2006
    Kendall2006 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I have been trying to reach my goal for sometime. I do workout videos. I especially miss my high impactive videos but right now I am working against my own body. I workout 6 days a week and log everything I put in my mouth. I also try to blog once a week. I would love to become a new friend and motivator. Add me and let's keep each other accountable. :)
  • TammyJane7
    Options
    You will have to send me a request. I can't seem to add anyone.
  • RikkiTikki2
    Options
    I am new and don't know how to add myself but will be very happy to support you!
  • GeorgieKay2013
    GeorgieKay2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    TammyJane7 wrote: »
    I am trying to lose 50 pounds. It seems as though I will get motivated and lose about 20 pounds and then gain it right back. The missing piece of the puzzle has been a support system.

Also the missing piece of the puzzle is mental strength. You have no control over your mind. Basically you can not control what you are putting in your mouth. I had the same problem.

Try reading some books on mental strength. There is plenty on Amazon. Just pick something that grabs your eye. Also try some meditation in order to learn to control your focus. Only 10-15 mins a day is enough. no need to go over board. If your focus goes on sweets now and again that is what you are gonna crave and eventually you will give up to it.

Don't beat your self if you go off track. A diet is never perfect. Think about it as a frequency. It is ok to deviate ones, twice a week and go back on it. If you deviate twice a week in the long term you will have ( 10 weeks) you will have 50 good days and 20 not that great. But if you try to be perfect and on the third week you slip and because of that you give up.you will have 20 good days and 50 bad ( 10 week span). SO you can see the numbers for your self.

Eventually two step forwards one back and you will get there.