Can't seem to get passed

Options
the same 2lbs. I keep bouncing between 145 and 144. I am eating most of my exercise calories. Last night I had around 100 left and still saw nearly a 1lb gain this morning. I do weigh in everyday to keep myself on track. My DH is coming home soon and I have a goal I want to reach but bouncing between weights is really throwing me off track to reach my goal. I have lost 100lbs so far and have about 14 or 15lbs to go. Any advice?

Replies

• Divazslim
    Divazslim Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi there, not sure if this helps but a guru told me once that if you have a large meal when at plateau it kick starts your metabolism!
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    Hi there, not sure if this helps but a guru told me once that if you have a large meal when at plateau it kick starts your metabolism!

I had a bad day a week or so ago and had a pizza (ok, half a pizza, but still A LOT of it) ..... I was talking to my friend about how I'd had such a bad day and she said that sometimes having a bad day is good - it makes your body think "oh, she IS going to feed me then" and then carrying on eating well after kickstarts it back in to weight loss mode. So I agree with you, makes so much sense!
  • ljscheib
    ljscheib Posts: 2
    Options
    You're right around the same size I am. Had the same problem-I *knew* once I hit 145 it'd stick for a while. Sure enough-went for almost 3 weeks w/ nothing. Tried calorie cycling & it's actually worked so far, busted out of it & lost 4 lbs over the next week or so (way more than the usual slow 1 pound a week I was losing before.)

Basically it's this-instead of aiming for the same # of net cals everyday, you go up and down a bit. For 2 or 3 days I'd be over 200/300) then the next 2 or 3 days go under the same amount. It's really not that hard, since after a few "up days" you're not that hungry anyway. At the end of the week your numbers are the same but the chart zig zags alot. Also made a very slight effort to cut down on bready carbs just a bit-esp on the low days. (Usually don't watch that at all-just cals)

I'd give it a shot-good luck!
  • Amers85
    Amers85 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies I will have to give your ideas a try. I am so close to my goal I don't want to get frustrated but it is hard not too.