Breakfast

Options
I work early In the mornings and don't have time to cook anything so I'm looking for recipies that I can make the night before and take with me to work, low in calories as well:)

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Do you like eggs? I make egg muffins. Easy peasy and microwave for a minute to heat up.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I work early In the mornings and don't have time to cook anything so I'm looking for recipies that I can make the night before and take with me to work, low in calories as well:)

How about hard cooking some eggs. Grab a couple and a slice of bread and you are ready to go.

• bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats are my fave to prep ahead. Look on Pinterest. There are a ton of recipes
  • MayTehSporksBeWithYou
    Options
    Overnight oats are easy and portable if you make them in small mason jars. There's a basic recipe and a lot of ideas for different options here: http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/overnightoats

I also find that making breakfast "muffins" are great. I simply whip some eggs and cheese together and fill muffin pans with the scrambled eggs and whatever add ins I feel like (bacon, veggies, etc)

My kids are also very hard to get up for school in the morning and so having pancake muffins on hand is a blessing when we're trying to rush out the door. Give this recipe a try: http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2014/06/easy-baked-pancake-muffins.html
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I put 1/2 protein shake (AdvantEdge) in my travel mug of coffee, grab a protein/meal bar or baggie of dry cereal and cup of yogurt, a banana or apple. That much food will be breakfast and snack before lunch.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I make eggbeaters in muffin tins~ add Canadian Bacon, or low fat sausage, mushrooms, green pepper, onion and low fat cheese..... They freeze GREAT! Just grab 2~3, wrap in a paper towel and microwave briefly! I think the recipe was originally SB Vegetable Quiche Cups I modified. I also do a crustless quiche pie~ put in just what you would in a regular quiche except lower fat.... Like spinach, mushrooms, low fat high protein meats (chicken sausage yummy! ) cheese of choice.... Divide into serving sizes, freeze leftovers individually and you're done!
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I make eggbeaters in muffin tins~ add Canadian Bacon, or low fat sausage, mushrooms, green pepper, onion and low fat cheese..... They freeze GREAT! Just grab 2~3, wrap in a paper towel and microwave briefly! I think the recipe was originally SB Vegetable Quiche Cups I modified. I also do a crustless quiche pie~ put in just what you would in a regular quiche except lower fat.... Like spinach, mushrooms, low fat high protein meats (chicken sausage yummy! ) cheese of choice.... Divide into serving sizes, freeze leftovers individually and you're done!

Oh!!!! And NO crust LOL, (although I happen to love shredded hashbrowns for crust if I only could ❤)
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Like said above: overnight oats and eggs make a great quick breakfast. If you don't like the texture overnight oats, you can cook oats the night before, add a little more milk when they've cooled down (they set more once they cool) and layer them in a jar with yogurt and fruit (I love the combo of orange oats layered with blackberries).

Another simple idea would be to portion out yogurt, fruit and muesli and to mix those at work. Rice cakes and avocado or peanut butter are easy too.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of recipes for meals in a jar that can be made ahead. Google them to find a selection.
  • piningforapples3
    Options
    I do overnight oats, and mini quiches. Sometimes I'll just slice some cheese at the beginning of the week, and have a few slices with half an avocado and some fruit in the morning.
  • littlebabooshka
    littlebabooshka Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Do you like eggs? I make egg muffins. Easy peasy and microwave for a minute to heat up.

What's your recipe? I'd like to try!