Running NSV!!

Options
I am not a runner.
Never have been.

I was the kid who somehow managed to get C's in PE class because I would get failing grades on "run days." I was the kid who couldn't run one mile straight for the high school fitness assessment. I've always preferred the elliptical and/or long walks. But I've always liked running. Or, at least the idea of being a runner.

Today I thought I would try running 1 mile without stopping, just to assess my current level of fitness (after losing 30 lbs).

Instead, I ran 2 miles without stopping, at a 6.5 mph pace...
THIS IS INSANE, WHO AM I...?!?!!

I started tearing up as I hit one mile, and cried the whole way home after mile 2.

I feel strong. In more ways than one.
This is an amazing journey.

Replies

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that is awesome! I am in love with the idea of becoming a runner and I am hoping that this year is the year that I make it happen!
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic. I am trying to become a runner too, so far I have gotten up to running a little over 1/2 mile without having to stop and walk. I can't wait to get that full mile and then 2.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! You sound like a runner to me!
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It is an amazing journet, and we learn a lot about ourselves.
    Congrats on this sweet achievement and here s to the next ones !
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm a beginner and it's amazing when you hit those milestones. Now you need to sign up for a 5K
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That's so excellent!! Very similar story to mine! I definitely feel ya! Congratulations! There's no stopping you!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! :)
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Great job. Consider doing couch to 5k so you build up your mileage slowly. You're more likely to avoid injury that way.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!