New and 100 pounds to lose

Options
Need prayer! The journey won't be easy! Carbs are my comfort!!!! Ugh!!!!!

Replies

• cassmalone14
    Options
    Good luck! I want to lose about 100 lbs as well. If u have any good recipes, give me a shout. I love to cook !
  • treeniemarie
    treeniemarie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • wanabefit2016
    wanabefit2016 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Keep positive you can do it
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Nope you dont need prayer, you need to get the knowledge so you understand how weight loss works and make a plan that is tailored to you and then you just need to commit and return consistent deficits for a prolonged period. A plan and a routine will make it easier for you to lose weight on a consistent basis. Start getting the right mindset that believes you will make it and that you will do whats needed to lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way. Start off by making small managebale tragets using mfp properly ahd having a realistic deficit, then build on it one day and one week at a time.

You want to avoid all the mistakes youve made prviously and the common pitfalls fo why people quit. Read the stickies.
  • Slinky92
    Slinky92 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am on the same journey and would be happy to be pals. Good luck!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    the best advice i can give you is, its not what you eat that you have to change that will have the greatest impact but changing the way you think.

the weight probably did not appear overnight and it most definitely will not be gone overnight. you will have a week you lose 5 lbs and then another week that you eat identically you will gain a lb. it happens to everyone.

as long as you can accept that is going to happen you should be fine.

best of luck
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. You can do it.
  • tdjna
    tdjna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the decision to make the journey. You can do this!
  • jmauerhan
    jmauerhan Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    korean4me wrote: »
    Need prayer! The journey won't be easy! Carbs are my comfort!!!! Ugh!!!!!

You can do it :) Feel free to add me - carbs are not your enemy, you can totally lose weight and still enjoy eating
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    +1. Good luck.
    999tigger wrote: »
    Nope you dont need prayer, you need to get the knowledge so you understand how weight loss works and make a plan that is tailored to you and then you just need to commit and return consistent deficits for a prolonged period. A plan and a routine will make it easier for you to lose weight on a consistent basis. Start getting the right mindset that believes you will make it and that you will do whats needed to lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way. Start off by making small managebale tragets using mfp properly ahd having a realistic deficit, then build on it one day and one week at a time.

You want to avoid all the mistakes youve made prviously and the common pitfalls fo why people quit. Read the stickies.