In the UK and looking for support

Options
Hi,
I'm based in the UK and am looking for support from anywhere! I'm a fitbit fan and have used MFP for a while now. I'm looking to lose the last 15lbs (again) and keep them off this time this year. I'm a 38 year old Mum of 2 junior school aged kids and I work part time. I try to eat clean and recently discovered Zumba and get inspiration from shows like The Biggest Loser and Obese: a year to save my life. At my biggest I was 246lbs and I'm aiming for 150lbs by the summer would love some MFP pals to share my journey with and keep my motivation up! This is the year I want to get fit and stay that way - is anyone with me?
xx

Replies

• FitMrsC
    FitMrsC Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Amermummy,

I'm new here and looking for a buddy to keep me on track - not sure how it all quite works though. I have slowly gained 3 stone over the last 12 years which I am going to lose. I am in UK, 43 years old and like you inspired by the same TV shows. My husband and I have signed up for 'Dry-January' in a bid to stop the wine on an evening....a bit contributor to my weight gain I think (that and portion size)...and I have a gym appointment next week to get me moving again.

So, am with you...

MrsC
  • Disneynut
    Disneynut Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you both, I am back on here after a long and on going family illness, now that I have some routine back in my life I am looking to get off the weight I have put on over the last 16 months. Add me if you wish for motivation and encouragement, just remember it is a marathon not a sprint, so nice and slow will definitely produce the results as last time I cleared 18lbs (not massive I know) and this time I plan on doing better.
  • amermummy
    amermummy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks both - lets do it!
  • cnc0987654321
    cnc0987654321 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have also recently been going to zumba and let me tell you, its a lot of fun!! Feel free to add me and talk about zumba and tips on how to lose the pounds for good!
  • amermummy
    Options
    Just realised my original message had a typo (also known as can't convert stones to pounds) - starting weight was nearly 200lbs not 246lbs - sorry! :o
  • LondonSuz
    LondonSuz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi there, feel free to add me :)
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hiya. Im in the UK too, feel free to add me :)
  • MissSpooky83
    Options
    Hi :) I too am in the UK. I just created this account so please feel free to add me.
  • newnicci
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the UK also on a journey to loose 81lb feel free to add me :)
  • Penny4em
    Penny4em Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi im in the UK. I am fast approaching my 40th birthday ( june) and want to get fit and look good. I have started mfp this week and its going great. Also loving going to the gym as its keeping me away from the wine bottle. Please feel free to add me as a friend. ☺
  • FRJM
    FRJM Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im from the UK too....41 years young, mother of 2 with 14-18 pounds to lose :-)
  • lauraturburville203
    Options
    Hi all, I'm from uk also, feel free to add me :)
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    in Kent come say hi
  • slf1983
    slf1983 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a UK mum trying to get rid of my post pregnancy body! Always happy to offer (and receive) support and motivation. Please feel free to add me :smile:
  • Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK, feel free to add me
  • Cookie5388
    Options
    Uk also. Getting back into MFP after losing weight and then gaining it back! Add me!
  • Rich71bat
    Rich71bat Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the UK. Anyone feel free to add me
  • Big_Steezy
    Big_Steezy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK too, always happy for more friends in here, feel free to add me :-)
  • amermummy
    Options
    Wow - so many replies!! Thanks so much everyone - great to know there are others in the UK on this journey! xx
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm in the uk and use fitbit too :)