Need an effective diet specifically for me

Options
ive been back to the gym now for a little over a week now and have seen absolutely NO changes. In fact, I gained weight. About 6 months ago I was down to 180 lbs had abs and had been going strong at the gym for roughly 4-5 months, strength training. I was given a diet to follow and I did. I started trying to follow this diet again, but now my binge cravings are excessive. Yesterday for example,
2 eggs 4 egg whites 1/4c oatmeal teaspoon of peanut butter - breakfast
Then grilled chicken and brown rice about mid day
Another grilled chicken about 2 hours before the gym with a protein shake
Then the gym for an hour or so
And here's where I got into trouble....
I got a large pizza and ate the entire thing to myself.

This always happens towards the Ed of my night. It's not that my diet doesn't keep me full... It's that it's not satisfying. Even with a mix of chicken, fish, turkey meat, and beef.... Late at night I always tend to fall into a snack. So I need help getting this under control. Any help would be great

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Specifically for little ol you?

Hire someone to make it for you. There are many great registered dietitians that will line up for the chance to make a diet just for you.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Or, you could go to the Getting Started forum and check out the guide to sexypants sticky thread. Actually, don't just check it out, read it carefully. It's full of the best advice.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    For me, I just eat what I normally eat and log it, weigh it and keep it at a deficit. As far as gaining, my guess is that the large pizza added quite a bit of sodium and you are retaining a lot of water and it will come off. Also, adding an exercise routine if you're not used to it can cause water retention in your muscles in the beginning.

Don't try to be too restrictive- eat what you want and what you like so you won't be tempted to binge. If you want pizza, eat it- just log it (and it helps to have friends or family there to help you eat it too!).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    wait so before you worked out for 4-5 months had and had success but now it has only been one week and you expect to see changes?

If you had success before, and had "abs" why don't you just do what you were doing before?

If you are not losing then you are eating too much ...

do you have a food scale? Weigh/log/measure everything?

and I second the advice on the sexy pants thread...
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    1. Make sure you're eating enough. Since your profile says you have 48 lbs to lose...
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lb/week is ideal
    If you have 15-25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lb/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lb/week is ideal

2. Use a food scale and pre-log your entire day's worth of calories.

3. Eat back 50-75% of your exercise calories

Those three things and you should be able to fit in some pizza in the evenings.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Here's an idea: skip the egg whites and the chicken and just eat pizza.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    dubie2us wrote: »
    ive been back to the gym now for a little over a week now and have seen absolutely NO changes. In fact, I gained weight. About 6 months ago I was down to 180 lbs had abs and had been going strong at the gym for roughly 4-5 months, strength training. I was given a diet to follow and I did. I started trying to follow this diet again, but now my binge cravings are excessive. Yesterday for example,
    2 eggs 4 egg whites 1/4c oatmeal teaspoon of peanut butter - breakfast
    Then grilled chicken and brown rice about mid day
    Another grilled chicken about 2 hours before the gym with a protein shake
    Then the gym for an hour or so
    And here's where I got into trouble....
    I got a large pizza and ate the entire thing to myself.

This always happens towards the Ed of my night. It's not that my diet doesn't keep me full... It's that it's not satisfying. Even with a mix of chicken, fish, turkey meat, and beef.... Late at night I always tend to fall into a snack. So I need help getting this under control. Any help would be great

A large pizza is hardly a snack.

Just eat things you like, but less of them if you aren't feeling satisfied.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    It took more than a week to add on the 48lbs you want to lose.
    Keep patience and determination and you will be successful.