New to Myfitnesspal

Options
New year new start hope this works this time.
Has anyone had any problems getting the weight to move to start with?
Will give it a go and see what happens.
How often do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• babssugar
    babssugar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi alan im new here too im going to weigh myself once a week
    when ive read people,s weigh in it all varies , my daughter also has started on here and shes lost 10 pounds
  • alanfallow
    alanfallow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What day are you going to weigh yourself?
  • babssugar
    babssugar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    im going to get weighed on thursday x
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Weigh no more than 1x per week, take measurements about every two weeks and take a photo once a month. Good luck!
  • jmauerhan
    jmauerhan Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily otherwise I lose motivation. Even if the scale goes up I personally am still motivated to keep on my diet. Some people see a small gain after a day of dieting and want to give up, so they prefer weekly.
  • carriesachtleben
    Options
    Hi there, I'm new too. I am going to weigh on Friday's :)
  • Catm226
    Catm226 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily due to medical issues otherwise previously I have always weighed myself once a week. They say if you weigh yourself everyday you will drive yourself crazy. Everyone's body weight fluctuates throughout the day. You have to find what works best for you :) Good luck!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Dr. Sharma, head of the Weight Wise program here, recommends middle of the week, same day, time of day, after going to the bathroom.

To resolve a puzzle about my own weight loss, I spent about thirty days weighing myself daily, sometimes twice a day. I found my weight can fluctuate as much as three pounds in a single day! I also discovered that my weight briefly escalates, then drops right around the time of my monthly cycle.

So I look at the scale with a jaded eye. Plus or minus five pounds means little.

So to answer your first question about waiting for the weight to move, yes. You will see progress over the long-term. The skipped doughnut today won't show tomorrow.

For my own sanity, I work on behavioral goals and give myself a pat on the back when I achieve them. At least my behavior is completely under my control.

Trend lines are more satisfying. I heard about them on MFP.

http://www.weightgrapher.com/